Choosing the best cabinet maker table saw proves to be a challenge for many. This is because the market is flooded with products that are all quite similar. It is difficult to tell whether you are getting value when comparing different models.
The Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 is the best cabinet maker table saw. This updated version will give you better control of your table saw. It features a tabletop handle for ease in portability, a hold-down guard, and a splitter for cutting wider materials. Also, it allows you to quickly change blades to perform versatile and convenient cuts.
Here is a review of the best cabinet maker table saws available in the market.
Top 5 Best Cabinet Maker Table Saw Reviews
1. Bosch 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw 4100-09 with Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand; Portable Table Saw (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- PORTABLE: Innovative, gravity rise, collapsible table saw stand allows you to adjust height to meet your specific needs while the 8 inch treaded pneumatic wheels provide mobility from jobsite to jobsite
- EFFICIENT: Featuring SquareLock rip fence engineered to increase cutting trueness and allowing for one handed operation as you glide along the rail as well as riving knife and anti kickback pawls for protection when a kickback occurs
- PRECISION: Bosch 4100 09 worksite table saw provides high precision cutting as well as efficient power with 3,650 no load RPM motor
The Bosch 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw 4100-09 with Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand; Portable Table Saw comes with an innovative collapsible table saw stand. The height of the gravity rise stand can be adjusted to suit your needs. Also, it has 8 inch treaded pneumatic wheels for easy mobility.
The Bosch 4100 09 has a 3650 RPM motor that enables you to perform high precision cutting on your work site.
It features a Square Lock rip fence that allows you to increase cutting trueness while operating the machine with hand. This in turn allows you to easily glide along the rail. In case a kickback occurs, the model has been engineered to provide anti-kickback pawls for protection.
This machine has a big cutting surface area and a larger ripping capacity that can handle stock of up to 25 inches wide.
The model has been designed to last longer. It comes with a Bosch’s 1-year warranty that gives you a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Gravity rise table stand.
- 10 inches 40-Tooth carbide tip saw blade.
- Smart guard system.
- Rip fence.
- Miter gauge.
- Standard throat plate table insert.
- The Fence system could be stronger.
- Requires quite a bit of assembly.
2. Rockwell Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw with Steel Rip Fence, Miter Gauge, and 7 Accessories – RK7323
- [SETS UP IN SECONDS] Take this table saw to the job site or move it around the workshop. There’s even a built-in carry handle
- [CUTS LIKE A FULL-SIZE] With the standard guard and riving knife system you can perform rip, cross, scroll, and miter cuts
- [TOOL-LESS BLADE CHANGE] Uses any brand’s standard 4” T-shank blade, but we threw 5 in the box to get you started cutting wood, ceramic tile, plastic, aluminum, and metal
Performs Multiple Cuts
The Rockwell Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw with Steel Rip Fence, Miter Gauge, and 7 Accessories – RK7323 is engineered to perform multiple cuts. Unlike in the past, this model can perform a rip, inside, miter, and scroll cut using a single tool. The only thing you need to do is change the blades.
Ease of changing the Blade
This is a very unique feature. The Blade Runner X2 comes with 5 assorted t-shank blades that can perform cuts on aluminum, wood, ceramic tiles, and metal. Changing the blades only takes 3 seconds – in these 3 seconds, you can move from cutting metals to cutting wood for your cabinet.
Compact size, but Big Cuts
This model has a compact size, but it comes with features that allow you to make controlled and wider cuts. It has a larger rip fence, a hold-down guard, and a splitter.
- Easy to setup and perform different cuts like rip, scroll, and miter.
- Comes with an in-built table handle for easy carrying.
- Compact in size.
- Instant tool-free blade changes within 3 seconds.
- Features a hold-down guard, a larger rip fence, and a splitter.
- 3-year warranty.
- Resetting the blade can affect performance.
3. Genesis GTS10SB 10″ 15 Amp Table Saw with Self-Aligning Rip Fence, Oversized Sliding Miter Gauge, Rocket Power Switch, 40T Carbide-Tipped Blade, and Heavy-Duty Metal Stand
- Powerful 15 Amp Motor, 4,800 RPM
- Extra Large 24” X 20” Die-Cast Aluminum Table
- Rip Cuts, Miter Cuts, Bevel Cuts and Compound Cut
Portability, Adjustability, and Accuracy
The Genesis GTS10SB 10″ 15 Amp table saw features a self-aligning rip fence that automatically locks from the front and rear. This feature makes fence adjustments accurate, seamless, and quick. This product easily cuts a variety of trim and larger shelving materials. It is very portable and can be carried around the workstation.
It comes with a 40-Tooth carbide-tipped blade, rip fence, wrenches, a metal stand, miter gauge, and push stick. Additionally, it is equipped with anti-kickback pawls and a blade guard for safety and protection.
Ideal for Home Projects
The Genesis GTS10SB 10″ 15 Amp Table Saw is engineered to cut through treated lumber or hardwood with ease. So whether you are installing cabinets, racks or wooden flooring in your house, this model will surely serve the purpose.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Powerful 15 Amp motor with 4,800 RPM.
- A 24 by the 20-inch extra-large die-cast aluminum table.
- Performs rip, miter, and bevel, and compound cuts.
- Comes with a self-aligning rip fence that locks front and rear.
- Not as powerful as stated.
4. SawStop 10-Inch Professional Cabinet Saw, 3-HP, 52-Inch Professional TGlide Fence System (PCS31230-TGP252)
- 52-INCH T-GLIDE FENCE ASSEMBLY: The 52-inch T-Glide Fence & Rail are made of heavy-gauge steel for sure lockdown and reliably square cutting for years without deflection.
- SAWSTOP PATENTED SAFETY SYSTEM: Stops a spinning blade on contact with skin. The blade stops in less than 5 milliseconds, and drops below the table, minimizing a potentially life-altering injury to a mere scratch.
- UNMATCHED QUALITY: The trunnion and arbor are built for precision, strength and stability. The gas piston elevation delivers smooth and easy adjustability. Table flatness is measured diagonally at 0. 010” maximum gap.
Professional T-Glide Fence
It features a professional T-Glide Fence system that is made of high quality heavy-gauge steel. This ensures that operation is smooth and precise while providing an expansive working surface. The lockdown works perfectly without any deflection.
Sawdust has been classified as a carcinogenic component by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). This model features SawStop to address this safety hazard. 99% of the dust created is captured by the SawStop cabinet saw, Dust Collection Blade Guard and the shroud.
The components in this model make it highly durable. It features a heavy-duty trunnion with very thick arbors. For ease in operation, it comes with a true vertical trunnion travel. Also, the open gearing provide minimal dust compaction during operation. The poly V-ribbed belts provide sure power transfer with less vibration.
It comes with two fixed wheels which are fixed on a professionally integrated mobile base. It features two 360 degrees casters and a one-foot control that lifts the saw mechanically in a single motion. With just 3 quick pumps, the saw is raised. The mobile base enhances the mobility of this machine.
- Patented SawStop safety system.
- Dust collection.
- 52-inch T-Glide fence assembly.
- Performs precise cuts.
- Comes with a control box.
- Takes up a larger working space.
- This model should be used on solid concrete flooring because of its weight.
5. JET 708675PK XACTASAW Deluxe 3-Horsepower, 1Ph, 50-Inch Rip Fence
- QUICK-RELEASE RIVING KNIFE Hassle-free riving knife changes.
- POLY-V DRIVE BELT SYSTEM: Delivers efficient, quiet operation.
- SHROUDED BLADE AND 4" DUST COLLECTION PORT: Increases dust collection efficiency.
Large Cast-Iron Table and Trunnion
It features a 29 by 42 inches finely ground cast-iron table that provides plenty of working space. It also has a 10-inch clear working space in front of the blade. Also, a wide-stance, heavy-duty trunnion can be found under the table. This mechanism enhances performance, stability and reduces vibration.
Conveniently Mounted Operating Mechanism
The operating mechanism is attached directly to the all-steel surface. This makes the miter slot aligning on the surface with the blade very easy just like loosening hex head cap screws. All this is accessible from the outside.
This is a model that comes with a left-tilt saw, meaning that the blade will tilt away from the fence. The XACTA ensures safe and burn-free cuts by allowing the scrap not to get trapped between the fence and the blade.
Powerful 3 HP Motor and Poly V-Belt System
The XACTA comes with a 3 horsepower motor that is mounted to the under-table mechanism. It features a poly-V belt system that provides smooth power provision. Also, the poly-V system is resistant to slipping and generates very low heat. It comes with an arbor lock for rapid blade change.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Binding of kickback risks is reduced with the quick releasing riving knife.
- Sealed built-in storage drawer.
- Allows rapid blade change with the push button arbor lock.
- Poly-V drive belt system.
- Heavy-duty trunnion.
- Takes up a larger working space.
- It is very heavy.
How to Choose the Best Cabinet Maker Table Saw?-Buying Guide
It is always important to know what to look for before buying a cabinet maker table saw. Whether you are a first time buyer or you are adding to your existing collection, this guide will help you make the best decision. These are the key specifications that you should check:
Consider buying a tool that is powerful enough for the tasks you plan to perform. A cabinet table saw with a powerful motor can be able to cut through thick pieces of wood. Models that have one or two horsepower can cut through the two-inch thick wood.
For thicker cutting, you will need a table saw with a minimum of 3 horsepower.
Cabinet Saw Stability
It is important to note that cabinet table saws are heavy machines in nature. After purchase, most of these machines are delivered in a few pallets. This is a clear indication of how heavy and big these machines are.
However, the weight, mostly derived from the hundreds of pounds of metals, helps to make them stable. For this reason, most machines are not easy to move around the workshop. So, if you are looking for a portable product, then you should consider a different saw product in its place.
Accuracy and Precision
One of the most outstanding features that cabinet saws have is precision cutting. Because of their size, provide a larger working area, and are powerful, they are able to make precise cuts. Ensure that you choose a model that reduces vibrations. Furthermore, there is no point in investing in a model that doesn’t perform well.
Dust Collection and Extraction
Cabinet table saws create a lot of dust when cutting through a piece of wood. Just as expected, they tend to produce plenty of wood dust especially when cutting thicker pieces of wood. Sawdust is harmful to your health.
So, ensure that the model you settle on has a perfectly working dust collection and extraction systems. Kindly note that not all products available offer dust collection systems because they are deemed as optional components.
We all agree that all saws come with a blade, however, the blade may not suit your needs. Choose a product that has the right size of blade to perform your tasks. Also, consider blades that can make all types of cuts.
You need to know that your safety should always come first when using a cabinet saw. Most of these models are not the safest of machines to use. This is because they do not offer the best protection when in use. This is the same reason why they are used by professionals.
The best cabinet maker table saw should come with an easily accessible kill switch that can be easily turned off in case of an accident. Also, models that have a hands-off kill switch or a flesh sensor are the best.
How to Build a Cabinet? Step by Step Guide
Building a cabinet requires precise measurements and cuts. Here is a step by step guide of how to build a cabinet:
Plans for your Cabinets
The standard counter depth is 25 inches, 24inches of which is for the cabinet/ the 1-inch allowance is for the countertop lip. The standard counter height Is 36 inches, cabinets being 34.5 inches. Add 18-20 inches to the 36 inches of counter height when making wall cabinets.
The width of the cabinet can range from 12-60 inches with 3 inches increments. When planning your cabinet’s width, always account for the size of the door.
Cut the Sides
Make the side pieces from a ¾ inch MDF board or any adequate laminate. Since the side will not be visible, the appearance of the material does not matter. These panels will have dimensions of 34.5 inches by 24 inches. Clamp together these pieces, using a saw, make a 3 by 5.5 inch toe-kick cut in one of the panel’s corner. Kindly note that this will be the corner to your bottom front.
Cut the Bottom
The width of the bottom piece will be determined by the kitchen’s dimensions but will be 24 inches deep. Ensure that the bottom section width is accounted for by the additional width on the side pieces being added. Kindly note that that the depth of wall cabinets will be between 12-14 inches.
Cut the facing panels
This will be the main part of the cabinet that will be visible. Assemble it like a picture frame. Use dimensional lumber that best suits your taste since this is the face of the cabinet. Depending on your style and the part of the face, you can use the following sizes, 1 by 2, 1 by 3, and 1 by 4.
Join the Base Panels to the Bottom
Using glue, attach the base panels aligned together that one face is shown with the backplane of the panel together with the other 3 inches back front the front side. For efficient screwing, it is advisable that you use pilot holes. Use butt joints to screw together the cabinet base and the panel edges.
Join the Sides to the Bottom
While ensuring that all edges are flush, glue and secure the side panels to the base using the butt joints. While doing this fit the toe-kick in with the gap created. To make your work easy, it is advisable that you use clamps or angle measuring instruments.
Secure the Top Brace Panels.
After the last exercises, glue and secure the back brace panel against the wall using a lot of butt joints. Ensure that you place the front brace panel this is to make sure that it will sit flush with the countertop once installed.
Nail on a back panel.
After measuring, screw into place a ½ inch plywood back panel. For wall cabinets, a ¾ inch MDF thicker back panel will be needed.
Reinforce the joints.
At this point, ensure that all the joints are reinforced with proper screws and brackets. This will provide stability and durability to the cabinets.
Install the shelves.
For precise installations, measure and level the locations of the four corner brackets. Slide in the shelves while ensuring that there are no jams.
Add the facing panels.
Just like assembling a picture frame, assemble the facing panels. For precision fixing, using a flat joint will work wonders. When joining the panels together, you can use, dowels, pocket holes, or amortize all depending on how skilled you are. Attach the fixed face of the cabinet onto the countersink using nails.
Place the cabinets
After attaching the face panel, fix the cabinets where they are required. Screw them together with the back panel and into the wall to firmly secure the cabinet in place. Kindly note that upper cabinets need to be supported more with strong brackets like the L brackets.
Also, L brackets are good because they can be covered up by a backsplash.
Install the doors
Lastly, install the cabinet doors onto the face panels just as recommended by the manufacturer. Most doors come with the specifications and guide of how to fix the door to the cabinet. So, whether you are a novice or an expert, installing doors to the cabinet unit will not be hard.
Drawers can also be installed, however, this may prove to be a challenge especially if you are a beginner.
If we are going to settle for the best cabinet table saw, then the Rockwell BladeRunner X2 will carry the day. This machine is very portable, provides better control, and can is able to make wider cuts. This machine is versatile and allows you to easily change the blade for different cuts.
Before you start shopping, check it out, you won’t be disappointed.
Do I need a cabinet table saw?
A table saw is known for ripping down stock with precise control. If you are considering building cabinets all day, with the same precision, then having a cabinet table saw is very important. If you are a hobby woodworker, consider buying a saw or a contractor saw.
Who makes the best cabinet table saw?
Dealt and Bosch are well-renowned cabinet table saw manufacturers. They both make outstanding products all of which are popular among users. In general, Dealt table saws are powerful than Bosch table saws. Dealt offers more power, they are quicker and perform well with harder woods.
How much HP do you need for a table saw?
The tasks you are planning to perform with a table saw will determine the horsepower you need. Kindly note that most cabinet saws come with standard 3 to 5 horsepower motors. If your work involves lots of speed or the cuts involve lots of hardwood, then you should get a table with at least 3 HP.
What is the best portable table saw?
From our review, the new version of the Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 stands out. This 17-pound model comes with a tabletop handle design that eases portability. Other notable features include a hold-down guard, a wide cutting splitter, and a larger rip fence. The saw can be easily set in 3 seconds providing versatile cuts in the end.
How do I choose a table saw for woodworking?
Most table saws have almost the same features. To know the best table saw for woodworking, ensure that the top is flat with a 0.005 inches deviation. A flat table provides you with accurate cuts. Also, the rip fence should firmly lockdown and be parallel with the blade.
Last update on 2020-12-03 at 01:26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API