Are you a carpentry enthusiast interested in DIY projects but lack enough capital to go for some of the most expensive miter saws in the market? Why not consider shopping for the best compound miter saw under $200? Miter saws are a very special tool that makes it possible for one to make angled cuts, accurate crosscuts, and trims easily and cutting of molding.
We do consider DEWALT DWS715 12-Inch Miter saw as the overall best miter saw under $200. Some of the reasons why this miter saw comes top is that it cuts effortlessly and is very silent when being used. It also comes with an easy to read miter scale and has a 32 tooth blade which will make is easier for one to cut through.
What are the Top 05 Best Compound Miter Saw Under $200? The following 05 Compound Miter Saw Under $200 has been tested and rated by professional woodworker:
Top 05 Best Compound Miters Saw Under $200 Reviews
Product-01: DEWALT DWS715 12-Inch Miter Saw
- Power and durability: 15 amp, 4,000 Rpm motor
- Miter detent plate improves productivity and ensures cutting accuracy: Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops
- Miter dentent override that allows you to override the miter stops and adjust to the desired setting without the saw slipping into the Miter detents. Arbor size is 5/8 inches
This DEWALT DWS715 12-Inch Miter Saw is a single bevel compound miter saw that is quite small in size. Weighing 40 lbs makes it lightweight when compared to the other Dewalt brands in the market. However, it still guarantees accurate and fast cuts.
The design of DEWALT DWS715 is quite different from the other miter saws in the market. Its design is durable thanks to the high-quality materials used in making it. The durable nature of this miter saw enables it to deliver a flexible set up with optimum accuracy for several applications. It comes with an adjustable stainless steel detent plate that can offer up to 10 positive stops.
This DEWALT DWS715 miter saw is backed by a very reliable and strong 15 amp rotor that offers a high speed of 4000 RPMs making the tasks of cross-cutting, molding, miter cutting, and cutting of frames quite easy.
It is a corded miter saw that gives it consistent and constant power. You will never have to waste money in buying batteries or charging stations when using this miter saw.
- It cuts effortlessly
- It is very silent when working
- Comes with an easy to read miter scale
- Has a 32 tooth blade that makes it easier for one to cut through
- There is no LED light
- Its user manual is quite difficult to understand
Product-02: Hitachi C10FCG 15-Amp 10″ Miter Saw
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- 0 to 52 degree miter angle range to the right and left for increased flexibility , Motor Horsepower 2.57 hp
- 0 to 45 degree bevel range to the left to provide clean and accurate bevel cuts.Thumb actuated positive stops for quick miter adjustments
The Hitachi C10FCG miter saw is a perfect example of why Japan is considered to be world leaders when it comes to technology. This miter saw is also considered to be among the best selling product in most of the e-commerce websites.
Design and Ease of Use
Hitachi C10FCG miter saw comes with a 0-52 degree angle range for both the left and right side that increases the flexibility. There is also a 0-45 degree bevel range on the left that offers it accurate and clean bevel cuts. Weighing 24.2 lbs, it is in a position of maneuvering with ease. It also comes with a large table area that helps in supporting material with vice clamping so that it can remain unmoved and secure.
This Hitachi C10FCG miter saw makes use of laser for cutting wood with precision making life very simple. It allows one to earn extra bucks that you could not earn when using other types of saws. You will also be provided with different blades when you buy the package which will help you in cutting through with lots of ease on different surfaces.
It comes with a 15 amp motor that helps in delivering high power for the toughest cutting tasks making it so special and a perfect choice for contractors.
- Replacing the blade is quite easier
- It is of a high quality built and sharp
- Lightweight making it easier to transport
- Comes with a powerful motor
- It is not that sturdy
- The design is not that pleasing
Product-03: Delta Power Equipment Corporation S26-263L Miter Saw
- Lightweight unit is easy to move from room to room or even from job to job
- Table extensions help support long work pieces
- Spindle lock holds spindle securely while bade nut is loosened and removed
The Delta S26-263L is a very affordable miter saw that slides and tilts left for bevel cuts. It is not one of the fanciest saws in the market but among the most affordable, convenient, and lightweight.
Weighing just 27 pounds, this Delta S26-263L is a perfect choice for taking to different sites of work. It was made to be lightweight and portable making it ideal for workers who are always on the move. This miter saw never vibrates whenever one is using it and its work surface is suitable for small tasks. It is a perfect machine for hobby users and not a suitable saw for professionals.
It will offer one with a great meter angle in both the right and left direction and can easily tile left to a maximum of 45 degrees. It comes with a very easy to use fence which makes it possible for one to work without lots of disturbance.
This miter saw comes with a sliding function that enables it to increase versatility a bit making it possible to cut the bigger pieces. It is one item that works well for the larger pieces and supports extensions in case you need to work on pieces that are slightly large.
- It can make accurate cuts with ease
- Easily slides thereby increasing the cutting capacity
- Lightweight, portable and a small machine
- Comes with a great blade guard that helps in making it safer
- It is a bit limited incapacity
- Has limited power
Product-04: TACKLIFE EMS01A Miter Saw
TACKLIFE EMS01A Miter Saw is a very popular saw that is known to offer its users with a very dependable bevel cut.
- 🎅2 Adjustable Speed & 3 Blades: By pressing the switch, you can convert between the two speeds (3200 RPM or 4500 RPM) effortlessly for more precise cutting, high speed for wood while low speed for metal. While the Tacklife EMS01A miter saw is equipped with 3 blades: two 10" 40T TCT blades for wood and plastic, and one multifunctional 10" 48T TCT blade for versatile use. Richer accessories provide a wide range of choice for your operation.
- 🎅Bevel Cutting & Laser Guide: The free bevel range from 0° to 45° allows you to do bevel cutting for more purposes.The Angle of the miter table is -45°/ 0°/ + 45° and the positive angles in all these directions are 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 30° and 45°, respectively.The laser is attached to accurately track real-time position and allows you to perform precise cutting.
- 🎅Durable Tool & Iron Blade Guard: Solid iron self-retracting saw shield is more durable than plastic and transparent saws, the teeth cover of the cutting blade can protect you from accidental mishaps. The sliding cut design allows you to cut longer planks. Made of stainless steel castings, it provides you with a strong saw and is well suited to withstand the daily work of the work site.
It is of a double bevel design that enables its users to make cuts of up to 45 degrees with lots of ease. It also has a maximum cutting stroke of 9.5 inches. The blade of this saw is of an ultra-graded tooth that is made of a tungsten carbide blade that ensures one gets smooth grooves and trenching on the surface. It has a D-handled design that makes it a more comfortable user interface when it is combined with the double linear sliding rail.
It comes with a motor that is capable of giving you up to 3800 revolutions in a single minute. This is considered to be among the highest capacities that you will ever land on. Due to its high versatile capacity, you will be in a position to use the saw to cut through different materials like plastic pieces, wood, aluminum alloy surfaces, metallic plates among other things.
Its super ideal design makes is a laser marker which is capable of tracking real-time position whenever you intend to make the cut accurate. It also offers better support and no warping whenever you are making your best cuts.
- It is highly portable
- Comes with a 1 year warranty period
- Has an inclusive dust bag
- Very easy to use a clamping device
- Quite costly to maintain
- Comes with a very shallow user manual
Product-05: Genesis GMS1015LC 15-Amp Miter Saw
- Make bevel cuts up to 45 degrees left | perform compound Miter cuts with ease!
- Use compound cutting for crown molding, shadow boxes, Picture frames, and more | the Genesis compound Miter saw is inexpensive and versatile!
- Laser cutting guide for quicker alignment and improved accuracy | Know where the cut will be ahead of time with the integrated laser guide!
Genesis GMS1015LC is among the highly rated miter saws currently available in the market. It is a model that comes with all the accessories you need in order to enable you to get started on the frames, base molding, and all types of precision woodworking that requires a fast-spinning blade.
It comes with a safety-enhancing electric blade brake and an arbor lock that ensures fast blade changes. It is a saw that uses a carbide-tipped blade, blade change wrenches, and a dust bag. This backs it up with more than two-year parts and labor warranty period. It is powered with two batteries that come with it when you first purchase it. Its bevel has 9 detents at the right angles and you can adjust it from 0-45 degrees easily.
This Genesis GMS1015LC is a very accurate and powerful saw especially when someone uses it to cut even some of the hardest trim wood. It comes well equipped with a 15 amp motor which is 1 amp more than the majority of the standard size miter saws in the class. The extra amp of power this miter saw offers when cutting through rigid materials like wood will help in generating some 4600 RPMS of fast wood cutting power.
- Comes with a very useful laser guide
- Has a strong motor
- Has an electric brake which you can always use to help stop the miter
- No rusting will take place thanks to its aluminum body
- Quite difficult to get replacement batteries
- There are users who have reported the laser guide stops working after a few months
Read More Our Latest Post: Top 03 Ryobi Sliding Miter Saw
How to Choose the Best Compound Miter Saw Under $200?
To ensure you get the best miter saw under $200 in the market, there are important factors you need to consider whenever you are in the market for the best compound miter saw that does not exceed $200.
One of the main things you need to have a look at before you make any purchase is the speed which is normally expressed as SPM. It simply means the maximum strokes per minute. It is advisable for shoppers to go for saws having high strokes per minute in case they are in need of fast cutting speeds.
Some of the best compound miter saws under 200 do have a variable speed trigger that will enable users to have more control. You will be in a position of switching speeds at any time.
Stroke lengths do affect the cutting speed. The stroke length refers to the distance the blade will cover in a single forward movement. A longer striker length will in most cases result in much faster cuts as the blades will cut more material.
There are miter saws that will allow its users to adjust the length of the stroke. However, these models will in most cases have a higher price tag.
It is always a guarantee that you will at one point replace the blades of the saw as they are always bound to worn out after some time. It is always advisable that you check on the availability of the saw blade in the market before you settle on a particular miter saw. No one will want to waste their time looking for replacements or get stuck on the market after failing to get a blade.
Weight and Size
The weight and size of the miter saw you are about to purchase matters. If you are in need of a portable compound miter saw under $200, then you will have to look at its overall weight and size. Every person is interested in a tool that they can comfortably handle and carry around without lots of stress.
Since you will be using the compound miter saw for hours, you need to ensure that it is well designed with user comfort in mind. With that, you will never strain your hands or have to suffer from excessive fatigue whenever you are using it. Always go for the miter saw designs that prioritize ergonomics. There are some that feature a very comfortable handle with an excellent grip.
Safety Tips to Consider When Using the best compound miter saws
Safety Features Available on the Best Compound Miter Saws
The blade guard is one of the most important safety features that come with miter saws. The guard helps in providing cover to the outer edge of the blade. When the blade touches the wood, the guard will lift up. The blade guards can be opaque or transparent.
The safety clamps are among the most important compound miter saw safety features when it comes to making cuts using your miter saws. The safety clamps will help in securing the wood during the cutting process. In case the wood slips during a cut, it can easily lead to an injury. They also ensure your material is kept in one fixed location allowing you to make your miter cuts without lots of worries.
The majority of the miter saws do come with lockout triggers. It is a safety feature which is a switch on the handle which must be depressed for the blade of the saw to spin. It also helps in preventing the miter saw from being turned on accidentally.
There are miter saws that have an electric brake. However, this is one safety feature that is not present in all of the saws. In case you are concerned about safety, then this is one feature that you should ensure that your miter saw has. It makes the blade stops rotating immediately you let go of the safety trigger.
What is the most accurate compound miter saw?
Miter saws with a 0-45 degree bevel range to the left do offer accurate and clean bevel cuts.
What is a compound miter saw used for?
Compound miter saws are very important for crown molding, picture frames, or any other type of project that requires angled cuts in two planes. They do offer the benefit of making compound cuts in a single pass.
What is the difference between a miter saw and a compound miter saw?
Miter saws refer to a specialized tool that enables you to make cuts at different angles. It has a blade that is mounted on swing arms which pivots right or left producing angled cuts.
Compound miter saw feature blades that pivot right and left for angled cuts and tilt in a single direction for beveled cuts.
Do I need a compound miter saw?
In case most of the projects you plan to undertake involves making picture frames or cutting of the baseboards and moldings to size, then a compound miter saw will be all you require.
We do hope that this best compound miter saw under $200 review guide has enlightened you on some of the best miter saws you need to consider when shopping for one that is below $200 in the market. There is also a buyer’s guide section that will help you know some of the important things to look for when in the market for the best miter saw.
- Table Saw Buying Guide
- Dewalt DWS779 Miter Saw Specification
- Which is the best 12 Inch Miter Saw?
- Best Cordless Miter Saw
- Miter Saw For Picture Framing Buying Guide
Last update on 2020-12-03 at 01:26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API