For any professional or a DIY kind of person, getting the best compound miter saw under $300 can be a challenge. The market is flooded with a variety of these products under the $300 price tag. Today, we take a look at some of the best and highly rated compound miter saws.
The DEWALT Miter Saw, Single Bevel, Compound, 10-Inch, 15-Amp (DWS713) is the best compound miter saw under $300. This model features a 15 Amp motor that delivers 5,000 rpm at maximum power. Adjustments are easy because it comes with a turn knob lock and a stainless-steel miter detent plate.
Also, it is lightweight and very easy to carry with the built-in carry handle. There are 4- ½ inch vertically designed crown moldings that are supported by tall sliding fences. It has an increased cut capacity which gives precise bevel cuts.
The market offers a variety of compound miter saws under $300, which becomes a challenge when choosing the best. Therefore, we have compiled 5 of the best compound miter saws so that you are able to choose one that suits you.
What are the 05 Best Compound Miter Saw Under $300? The following 05 Compound Miter Saw has been tested and rated by professional woodworkers:
Top 5 Best Compound Miter Saw under $300 Reviews
Product-01: Makita 10″ Compound Miter Saw, Makita LS1040 10″ Compound Miter Saw
- Powerful 15 AMP direct drive motor for improved performance; 4,600 RPM
- Dual post compound pivoting arm
- Miter cuts 0-45 left and 0-52 right
15 AMP High-Performance Motor:
For improved performance, the LS1040 model comes with a 15 amp motor with 4,600 rpm. Unlike other belt-driven units, this miter saw has minimal chances of a bog down. It features soft-start technology which ensures that the start-ups are smooth. The speed controls aid in maintaining constant speed during use.
Miter and Bevel Cuts are Accurate:
This model has a 0 to 45 degrees, left, and 0 to 52 degrees, right, miter adjustment range. Also, the LS1040 makes, whether left or right, miter stops at 15, 22.5,30, 45 degrees, and 0-degrees or 90-degree cut. It has a dual post compound arm that makes up to 45 degrees bevel cuts to the left.
The model features an independently working fluorescent light that illuminates the working space. Accurate cuts are achieved with the aid of the aluminum base. Weighing at only 27.3 pounds, the LS1040 is an easy to carry compound miter saw.
Has a Variety of Uses:
This compound miter saw is engineered for a wide range of uses. The LS1040 can be used for flooring and decking applications, woodwork, case and base installation, and cabinet installation. The manufacturer, Makita, is well known for manufacturing top-class products for job sites or benchtop jobs.
- Precision cuts.
- Easy blade change with the shaft lock.
- Highly durable.
- Highly efficient with cuts 52 degrees right and 47 degrees left.
- 15 amp motor and a dual post compound pivot arm.
- Comes with a triangular ruler, blade, wrench, and vertical vise.
- 1-year warranty.
- Angle lever flexes. This causes play.
Product-02: TACKLIFE Sliding Miter Saw, 12inch 15Amp Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser.
- ▲【Double-Bevel Cutting & Max Cutting Depth】Double-bevel design allows 45° cuts(L)of up to 2.36*12.99 inche and 45 °cuts(R) of up to 1.38*12.99 inche; It can meet bevel cutting needs by swing the saw compared with a single bevel miter saw
- ▲【Powerful Motor & Multipurpose Cutting】Powerful 15Amp/1700W with 3800rpm smoothly cutting through multiple materials such as wood, plastics, aluminum alloy and metal plate
- ▲【Sharp 40 Tooth TCT Blade】Chop saw comes with an ultra high grade 40 tooth tungsten carbide tipped blade, offering more possibilities for cutting various materials and allowing smoothly grooving and trenching
This compound miter saw model comes with a laser marker to ensure real-time and accurate cutting. For better support and balance, the manufacturer has featured an extensible table with a vice clamping. This prevents the bending of the material.
High-Performance Motor and Versatile Cutting:
TACKLIFE Sliding miter saw has 15 amp motor that has a 3800 rpm with a 1700W power use. This feature enables it to easily cut through various materials such as metal plates, wood, plastic, and aluminum alloy.
Unlike a single bevel, miter saw, this saw’s design allows it to make cuts of up to 2.36 to 12.99 inches at 45 degrees to the left and 1.38 to 12.99 inches and 45 degrees cuts to the right.
This is a very unique feature that allows this miter saw to make smooth grooving when cutting different materials. The TCT blade is made of a 40 tooth high-quality tungsten carbide-tipped material.
Double Linear Sliding Rail Design:
The double linear sliding rail design ensures a more precise, even, and sturdy cut. Also, the user is guaranteed comfort during use because of the D-handle design.
- Comes with a clamping device.
- Easy to carry.
- Compatible with various 12-inch blades.
- The motor is powerful, 15 amp, 1700 W, and 3,500 rpm.
- Handles are comfortable
- Extended handle function control.
- It is heavy with a total weight of 54.3 pounds.
Product-03: 15-Amp, 12-Inch,3800rpm TACKLIFE Sliding Compound Miter Saw Double-Bevel Cut (-45°-0°-45°) with Laser Guide, Extensible Table.
- DOUBLE BEVEL CUTTING & MAXIMUM CUTTING PERFORMANCE - Double bevel cutting design allows you to adjust the cutting angle from left 45° to right 45° to meet different cutting needs. In detail: 0° : 4.13 x 12.99 inch, 45°(L) : 2.36 x 12.99inch, 45°(R) : 1.38 x 12.99 inch.
- DOUBLE SLIDING RAIL - The double sliding design extends the length of the cut, making it a more powerful miter saw that can be passed through almost any material. Such as: wood, metal plate, PVC, tile and aluminum alloy.
- 3800 RPM POWER MOTOR & LASER MARKER - With 15 AMP, 3800 RPM, TACKLIFE sliding compound miter saw provides powerful motor to cut through variable materials. Integrated laser controlled by single switch, marking the cutting line, helping sawing long work pieces.
Miter Scale for Accurate Cuts:
Comes with an adjustable positive stops miter scale that allows a user to easily adjust the blade to different angles. This in turn allows a user to make bevel cuts, compound cuts, and square cuts.
Once the machine is powered on, a built-in laser that is controlled by a single switch will help the user to make cuts, easily and professionally.
It comes with a dust bag that collects the majority of the dust produced during use. This ensures that your working area remains tidy. Additionally, the 30mm dust port is compatible with a vacuum cleaner.
This feature allows you to freely adjust the angles to your working desire. Also, it will ensure that there will be an accurate cutting angle between the blade and the workpiece.
Extended Working Plane:
It comes with 2 extension rods to enlarge the working space/table in cases where large piece cutting is involved. Additionally, the vice clamping system included will help you fix the material firmly when cutting.
- 15 amp/ 1700 W/ 3500 rpm full-size motor.
- Smooth and faster cuts.
- The sliding design ensures flexibility and added width cutting.
- Comes with a clamping device.
- Handles are comfortable.
- 3-meter power cable for convenience.
- Restricted use, cannot cut certain materials.
Product-04: SKIL 3821-01 12-Inch Quick Mount Compound Miter Saw with Laser
- Laser cutline guide for fast and accurate cuts
- 9 positive stops for setting common miter angles
- Powerful 15 amp motor with 4,500 RPM
Ultimate Miter Saw Design:
This model boasts of a very unique design that includes a 15 Amp motor with 4,500 rpm. The SKIL 3821-01 12-inch Quick Mount Compound Miter Saw has a laser that provides the user with precise cuts. It also features a Quick-Mount system for easy setup.
For accurate and easy cuts, the SKIL 3821-01 12-Inch Quick Mount Compound Miter saw comes with a super-efficient laser guide. The positive stops will also help you set common miter angles.
Easy to Assemble:
This product is adjustable and easy to use. It is made from high quality and highly durable material. The design includes positive stops that allow you to set common miter angles. It is highly recommended for use in fabrication and other woodworks.
- 15 Amp powerful motor with 4500 rpm.
- 9 positive miter angle stops.
- Laser guide.
- Quick-Mount system.
- Table extension.
- There is no stand included as widely believed.
Product-05: DEWALT Miter Saw, Single Bevel, Compound, 10-Inch, 15-Amp (DWS713)
- Stainless steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops
- Precise miter system and machined base fence support
- Tall sliding fence supports 4-1/4 in. Base vertically
Tall sliding Fence Support:
This features a 4 1/2 inch vertical crown molding that ensures precise bevel cuts as it slides out. This makes this model one of the highly ranked models in the market because of its versatility.
The DEWALT Miter Saw, Single Bevel, Compound, 10-Inch, 15-Amp (DWS713) comes with a 15 Amp motor with a 5,000 rpm. This will guarantee you durability and extended power delivery.
The design features a stainless steel detent plate that has 14 positive stops. With this, a user is able to get precise cuts all through. Fine adjustment is quick and easy because of the miter detent override. The model has an increased cut capacity of 3°-48° bevel cuts.
This product is light in weight with a total of 35 lbs. it comes with a built-in carrying handle for easy and convenient portability.
- Machined base fence support.
- Vertical base.
- 14 positive stops.
- Tall sliding fence support.
- Stainless steel miter plate.
- Bevels 3°- 48° increases the cut capacity.
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- For California residents, California’s Proposition 65 applies.
Read Our New Post: Compound Miter Saw Under $200 Review
How to Choose the Best Compound Miter Saw under $300?-Buying Guide
It is important to note that there are three main types of compound miter saws. One common feature is that they have a blade pivoting on an axis that allows this saw to make cuts at different angles.
So, what makes each product different?
- Compound Miter Saws – They are mostly used when cutting at two different angles. This is because it is not only able to cut a variety of angles, but also tilt on the left to make a bevel cut.
- Sliding Compound Miter Saws – It is mostly used for cutting wider pieces of wood. It comes with a sliding feature that allows back and forth movement.
- Dual-bevel Compound Miter Saws – It allows you to tilt left and right while making bevel cuts. Also, cuts can be made at any angle without having to turn your material.
Things to Consider
As a buyer, the cost of an item comes first when considering what to buy. However, costing should be one of the many things that you should look into when considering the best compound miter saw to purchase. Here are some of the things that you should consider before buying a compound miter saw;
The power of the motor should be the first thing you look into. The higher the amps the more the cutting capacity.
Consider buying a motor blade that is large inside because this ensures that you make longer cuts. Sizes range from 8, 10, and 12 inches. Sliding and flip fences give you added support when making standard miter cuts. When making bevel cuts, you can easily slide or flip them out.
Ease of Use:
Positive stops help you make precise cuts at certain angles. The more the positive stops, the lesser the time required to set up cuts. The articulated blade guard is a very important feature because it gives you a better view of the cutting line while keeping the guard clear.
Depth stops allow you to determine how deep the blade cuts into the material. A laser casts a beam while a light guide casts a shadow on the material, enabling you to make precise cuts. Spindle or shaft locks will help restrain the blade and the shaft whenever you want to change the blade.
If you will be using the saw at different work stations, you should consider buying the lighter models. This will ease portability giving you an easy time when carrying it.
When using a compound miter saw, it is advisable that you should take all necessary precautions. Ensure that you purchase a blade that is compatible with your miter saw. In case you use an extension cord, always ensure that you use a cord that is recommended by the manufacturer.
Important to note, always wear protective gear when using a compound miter saw.
Latest post: Ryobi Sliding Miter Saw Buying Guide
· Should I get a miter saw or table saw?
If you are looking for a saw that will help you make longer and larger cuts, then the table saws perform better than the miter saws. A table saw does not require large blades to make longer cuts. In some cases, a miter saw comes with side extensions.
Most beginners prefer investing in table saws than miter saws. So, if your project involves precision miter and bevel cuts, a miter saw will work best for you. However, consider getting a circular saw and an edge guide, if your work involves cutting wide boards.
It is important, there are table saws and miter saws that use overlap.
· What miter saw should I buy?
Consider going for a 10-inch sliding compound miter saw especially if you are a novice user. This product is mostly used by individuals who value DIY.
It features a powerful 15 Amp motor, it costs less to buy and maintain. One notable feature is that the 10-inch miter saw blade is interchangeable with table saw blades.
· Can you cut a 4×4 with a miter saw?
Yes, you can. With a 12-inches, miter saw, you can easily cut through 4x4s. A 12-inch miter saw comes with a big blade that allows you to perform longer, wider, and thicker woodcuts. Regardless of the miter saw they are attached to, a 12-inch blade will easily cut 4×4’s.
Kindly note, a 10-inch miter saw has a cutting capacity to cut a 4×4 wood. However, it will perform but with some difficulties along the way. Also, it is impossible to cut a 4×4 when using a stationary miter saw in one swing.
· What is the difference between a miter saw and a circular saw?
The most common differences between a miter saw and a circular saw are: The circular saws allows the user to perform a variety of cuts and angles while a miter saw cuts more precisely. The miter saws are safer to use while a circular saw is prone to cuts and accidents.
Miter saws perform quick cuts, whereas circular saw fetch at a higher price in the market.
· How do I choose a compound miter saw?
There are a variety of compound miter saws available in the market. So, before you make that choice, here are a few things to consider when choosing the best compound miter saw.
The size of the blades comes in either 10 or 12 inches. The choice depends on your use. If you are a frequent user, then the 12 inches would be a better choice, if not, then the best choice would be the 10 inches.
If your work involves making simple angled cuts, then a compound miter saw will work best for you. This is because it is able can perform a compound cut in a swing and pivot from left to right.
The Best Compound Miter Saw under $300 should be powerful, versatile, easy to use, and portable. So, whether you are a novice or a professional, getting such a miter saw will work best for you.
- Best 12 Inch Miter Saw
- Cordless Miter Saw
- Top 03 Miter Saw For Picture Framing
Last update on 2020-12-03 at 01:26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API