For any woodsman, having the best gas chainsaw under 200 should be top of the list. Chainsaws play a key role in our day to day cutting, trimming, and pruning of trees and wood. Having an economic chainsaw works well especially if you are a regular user.
The Husqvarna 120 Mark II 16 in. Gas Chainsaws, Orange/Gray is the best gas chainsaw under $200. This model can handle day to day tasks for homeowners looking for an efficient cutting tool. It features an X-Torq engine that fuel consumption and gas emissions. Also, it has easy to start functionality and is user friendly.
It is important to note that not all chainsaws under $200 are made equal. For this reason, we here are a review of the best gas chainsaws under $200.
Top 7 Best Gas Chainsaw Under $200 (Budget Chainsaw)
Product-01: Husqvarna 120 Mark II 16 in. Gas Chainsaws, Orange/Gray
- Compact, casual-use chainsaw that’s designed to start up easily
- Low kickback safety features, including built-in safety break, reduces risk during operation
- Lightweight chainsaw is compact and maneuverable with excellent ergonomic comfort features
16 Inch X-CUT Chainsaw Chain:
The Husqvarna 120 Mark II 16 in. Gas Chainsaws, Orange/Gray comes with the new X-CUT chain model. The chain has been designed to offer 10% more cutting efficiency, stretch less, and stay sharp for longer. The chain has a .05 inch gauge and a 0.325-inch pitch.
16 Inch X-FORCE Chainsaw Bar:
This is a feature that makes this model a premium model among the rest. The 16-inch X-FORCE bar has a long-lasting nose, a highly optimized profile, a bearing system, and a new center plate design.
Exclusive X-Torq Engine:
This model comes with an Exclusive X-Torq engine that helps reduce gasoline emissions and fuel consumption. It also features an automatic oil delivery that ensures an adequate supply of chain lubrication. This in turn enhances safety and effectiveness.
This product has a compact design that ensures that startups are smooth. The chainsaw is sturdy and provides efficiency and comfort during use. It can be used to perform light duties, occasional trimming, and pruning.
- Built-in safety brake to provide safety during use.
- Reduced fuel consumption.
- Simple tensioning system for quick adjustments.
- Can be used for daily tasks at home.
- Comes with a Husqvarna 16 inch saw.
- Lightweight chainsaw.
- Comes with an automatic oiler that provides chain lubrication steadily.
- X-Torq engine reduces gasoline discharge.
- Develops a hard start with time.
Product-02: Gas Powered Chainsaw Automatic Chain Oiler-Anti Vibration System
- RELIABLE ENGINE: 42cc 2-cycle gas powered engine with low-kickback 16-inch bar and chain tames medium to large-sized branches. Perfect for the suburban homeowner!
- COMFORTABLE OPERATION: Equipped with a 5-point anti-vibration system and cushion wrap handle for more balance and comfort while operating.
- QUICKSTART TECHNOLOGY: Make pull starts easier to rev up and get right to cutting.
A powerful 42cc 2-cycle engine with QuickStart technology:
It comes with a high-performance gas-powered 42 cc 2-cycle engine. The engine is highly durable and ensures a steady power. Also, it features a QuickStart technology to make startups easier. It comes with a 16-inch low-kickback bar and chain.
It features a 5-point anti-vibration system with a cushion wrap handle to provide you with comfort and balance during use.
The chain is kept in quality condition by the adjustable automatic oiler.
Perfect for a Suburban Homeowner:
This chainsaw model has been manufactured with highly durable components. This makes it versatile and can be used in all sorts of trimming needs. So, if you are looking for a comfortable, long-lasting, and sturdy chainsaw, this is the model for you.
- The engine is reliable.
- Comes with a Quick Start technology.
- Provides comfort during use.
- Easy to maintain.
- Automatic oiler keeps the chain in quality condition.
- 375-inch pitch size.
- Comes with a carry case.
- Not friendly to the environment.
Product-03: Poulan Pro 20 in. 50cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw, PR5020
- With the OxyPower engine technology, you can get that extra power for virtually any task. This technology offers a more powerful engine, but also 70% less emissions and 20% lower fuel consumption
- Effortless pull starting system reduces pull force 30% for easier starting and reduced wear on the starter mechanism
- The combi tool is integrated into the rear handle, it's always there when you need it for maintenance
50CC 2-Cycle Displacement:
The Poulan Pro 20 in. 50cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw, PR5020 features a 50 cc engine that is able to power a longer bar and chain. Remember, the larger the engine, the greater the displacement and power sent to the chain.
This patented technology ensures that emissions are reduced by almost 70% using 20% less fuel compared to other gas saws. Just like the environmentally friendly electric models, this saw has been made as a competitive product.
The effortless pull starting system:
Some people consider pulling an engine start to be very difficult. This feature helps reduce the pull force by 30% compared to other earlier products. This is a very important feature as it allows you to work without any strain. The system allows gas to reach the carburetor easily from the fuel primer.
- OxyPower engine technology.
- Easy pull starting system.
- Integrated combi tool.
- Easy to operate combined choke/stop controls.
- Precision cutting,
- Idles well.
- Highly durable and very powerful.
- The bar is slightly flexible though it can be fixed.
- The ignition controls develop issues with time. This has however been covered under the warranty.
Product-04: SALEM MASTER 5820G 58CC 2-Cycle Gas Powered Chainsaw, 18-Inch Chainsaw.
- High Performance -- SALEM MASTER 58cc 3.0hp powerful gas chainsaw delivers steady power to the 18-inch bar and low-kickback chain. The engine speed can be up to 8500 rpm. Ideal tool for cutting firewood and felling trees with a much higher efficiency.
- Superior Quality -- Professional gas chain saw, equipped with high quality chain and high hardness bar, fast cutting, more durable and high wear resistance, not easy to drop chain, having a longer using life.
- Ergonomic Design -- The comfortable handle design, non-slip and shock-absorbing, not easy to fatigue for a long-term use, making this chainsaw balanced, maneuverable, and comfortable to operate, use more securely.
The SALEM MASTER 58cc 3.4hp powerful gas chainsaw is very powerful. The engine has an 8,500 rpm speed and is ideal for cutting wood and efficiently felling trees.
This chainsaw has an ergonomic design that features a comfortable, shock-absorbing, non-slip handle. This makes this chainsaw secure to use, balanced, and comfortable to use.
It comes with an automatic oil supply system that delivers oil steadily to the bar and chain. This in turn facilitates safer and effective use while extending the chainsaw’s durability.
This is a good gas-powered chainsaw that is equipped with high-quality components such as the chain and the bar. This guarantees you easy and fast cutting, high wear resistance and durability.
- Easy to start.
- Can be used for multi outdoors cutting purposes.
- Auto oiler.
- Comes with a safety throttle switch.
- The front guard can be used to enhance safety.
- Comfortable slip-free handle.
- Air cleaner eliminates exhaust gas.
- High maintenance cost.
Product-05: CRAFTSMAN 41AY4216791 S165 42cc Full Crank 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw-16-Inch Bar and Automatic Chain Oiler-Carrying Case Included.
- HIGH OUTPUT CRAFTSMAN ENGINE with 16-INCH BAR & CHAIN: 42cc full crank Craftsman 2 cycle engine provides greater power and less vibration. Premium 16-Inch bar and low-kickback chain cuts through even the toughest wood quickly and easily.
- LIGHTWEIGHT DURABLE POLY CHASSIS: Easy to Handle, lighter in weight, without sacrificing power. This polymer chassis is engineered for reliable performance and prolonged use, with minimal user fatigue.
- EASYSTART TECHNOLOGY: Designed for quicker, smoother and easier pull starts. Get right to work on lawn care, yard work, wood slicing, and other outdoor projects.
This model is designed for easier, quicker, and seamless pull starts. You do not have to worry about hard starts, just pull and start. It can be used for slicing wood, lawn care, and other outdoor uses.
High Output Craftsman Engine:
It comes with a 42 CC full crank, 2 cycle engine, a 16-inch bar, and a chain that provides great power with fewer vibrations. The premium 16-inch bar and chain can cut through tough wood quickly and easily.
This is a feature that includes a 3-point anti-vibration system and a handle. The handle brings comfort to the user ensuring that the chainsaw is more balanced and comfortable to use. The design also allows the user to achieve optimal performance while maintaining command.
Lightweight Durable Poly Chassis:
This model is easy to handle and weighs much less compared to other brands. The polymer chassis is manufactured for prolonged use while enhancing performance and reducing fatigue.
- Adjustable auto chain oiler.
- Ergonomically balanced design.
- Highly portable.
- High output craftsman engine.
- Easy start technology.
- It is not friendly to the environment.
- High maintenance cost.
Product-06: HUYOSEN Gas Power Chain Saws Corded 54.6 CC 2 Cycle, Guide Bar Size 20 inches 0.325 inches 76DL Chain Guide Bar
- High Outut Engine: HUYOSEN 54.6CC 3.4HP gas powered chainsaw with 20-inch bar and chain for cutting wood, trees and ice cube. Low-kickback function and excellent electronic ignition system can improve the efficiency of sawing wood. The engine speed can be up to 8500 rpm.
- Air Filter & Chain: This chainsaw is fitted with a filtration system to ensure longer air filter life and reduce fuel consumption.Tough and wear-resistant, sharp and smooth, not easy to jam the chain, fast cutting and longer service life.
- Automatic Filling Oil: The automatic oil supply system can automatically fill bar and chain oil in the process of machine operation, reduce the wear of chain and guide bar, and increase service life.
Unique safety Design:
Comes with a high safety valve throttle switch which protects a user in case of accidents during starts. Just by the push of a button, a gas-powered chainsaw starts instantly. It is ideal for light duties like pruning and trimming branches.
Power Chainsaw Parameters:
This feature allows it to cut small branches and limbs easily. This is made possible by the following parameters, a 20-inch bar guide, .325 inch pitch, -76 drive links, and a 0.058-inch gauge.
It is engineered to provide maximum comfort to the user during use. It features a 68cc HUYOSEN 3.0hp gas chainsaw with anti-slip and anti-shock handle design. It provides the user with comfort, flexibility, and balance during use.
- Unique safety design.
- Easy to start.
- Ergonomic design.
- The power chain saw parameters.
- Safe to use.
- High maintenance cost.
Product-07: Husqvarna 120 Mark II 14 in. Gas Chainsaw
- Compact, casual-use chainsaw That’s designed to start up easily
- Low kickback safety features, including built-in safety Break, reduces risk during operation
- Husqvarna 14 in. Chainsaw for homeowner use is ideal for everyday tasks such as tree pruning, hobby work or firewood cutting
The Husqvarna 120 Mark II 14 in. Gas Chainsaw has a compact size that allows easy maneuvering during operation. It allows ensures that the user achieves premium efficiency during use.
Safe to Use:
It comes with a built-in safety brake which ensures that your safety is taken care of. The low kickback safety feature also reduces risks when using the chainsaw. It is ideal for use in pruning, trimming, and other light duties.
Simple Tensioning System:
This is a system that allows you to easily and quickly adjust the components while working. It is important for a user to know whether the tensioning requires a tool or not.
The manufacturers of this model engineered a product that can be used for daily activities in the homestead. The Husqvarna 120 Mark II 14 in. Gas Chainsaw is ideal for light duties at home.
- Easy to startup.
- Low kickback safety features.
- Built-in safety break.
- Simple tensioning system.
- Can be used to perform light duties.
- Compact design.
- Ideal for use at home.
- High maintenance cost.
More on chainsaws: Cheap 20-Inch Chainsaws Review
How to Choose the Best Gas Chainsaw under 200?-Buying Guide
Choosing the best gas chainsaw under $200 can be challenging considering the variety available in the market. Here is a quick guide to help you know how to choose the best gas chainsaw that works for you;
This translates to the size of the engine. It is important to note that, the higher the number, the more power the engine has. Additionally, the more power an engine contains, the heavier the machine will be. Big engine machine can perform heavy and demanding tasks.
Small engine saws are mostly used when undertaking light or moderate tasks. The power of a chainsaw is determined by the CC rating or capacity of the engine. The higher the CC rating, the better the performance.
For chainsaws that are used at home, a power rating of 24cc to 64cc will work best. Remember, if you have any heavy-duty cutting, consider engaging the services of a professional.
Length of Blade:
The blade length also referred to as the guide bar, determines the area where the chain is connected. This is the most important factor to consider when buying a chainsaw. Gas chainsaws guide bars come in lengths of 12 to 72 inches. This will help you know the thickness of the wood piece you saw can handle.
A chainsaw blade needs to be 2 inches larger than the piece of wood you want to cut. Therefore, for residential use, a 12 to 20 inches chainsaw will work best. For expert use, a chainsaw above 20 inches is ideal.
Speed of the Blade:
The higher the motor speed, the better the tool’s performance. Chainsaws have their speed measured in either RPM, rotations per minute, or FPS, feet per minute. The FPS gives you the speed at which the chain on your chainsaw is moving.
Choose a chainsaw that has a higher FPS or RPM as this will guarantee you better performance.
Lubrication plays a very vital role in the functioning of your chainsaw. It prevents the components from overheating, wearing out and getting damaged. There are 3 different types of oiling methods, which include, manual oiler, fixed oiler, and adjustable oiler.
None of the above is better than the other, whichever method you use should not be a bother.
Chain Brake System:
Safety comes first! At times the chain tip may get stuck on a hard object thus resulting in a sudden rotational lunge towards the user. If not cautious, this may cause cuts to your face or upper body. Consider buying a chainsaw that has a chain braking system.
Type of Tension on Chain:
The nature of the tasks that chainsaw chains handle makes them prone to stretching. This means that you need to regularly adjust them. Different chains have different ways of adjusting themselves to the tension. Scrench and tool-less chain tensioner are the two types of chain tensioners.
Weight is a very important factor to consider before purchasing a chainsaw. Before settling on a product, you need to know how long you intend to use the chainsaw and the current weight. Remember, during use the weight may see the increase as time goes by.
This refers to the material used to build the chainsaw. Metal provides a much sturdier and promising option with long-lasting durability. However, their cost is high. If you are on a budget, consider a polycarbonate build. Kindly note that any gas chainsaw with carbide chains can last long.
It is advisable that you purchase a chainsaw that features several attachments that can be used for different purposes. This will enable you to undertake diverse tasks easily. For example, milling machines will allow you to cut the wood pieces into planks or beams.
Go for a product which the manufacturer has a lot of faith in, say, with a 4-year long warranty. If you are considering to use the chainsaw regularly, get a durable model. A decent warranty duration guarantees your durability.
Benefits of Gas Chainsaw Under $200
There are other types of chainsaws available in the market aside from the gas-powered models. Gas chainsaws are mostly used when undertaking heavy tasks. Here are some of the advantages of using a gas chainsaw;
They are considered the most powerful compared to other models. The power allows the chainsaw to spin much faster while easily cutting through any wood, with the thickness notwithstanding.
Compared to electricity chainsaws, they allow you to prune of fell trees regardless of where you are. Electricity chainsaw is limited to the power cord while battery-powered chainsaws require recharging. With the gas chainsaws, provided the fuel tank has fuel, you can cut away.
Gas-powered chainsaws come with advanced features for the user’s safety. Some models feature inertia-activated brakes which brings the chain to a halt whenever there is a kickback. These safety features are rarely found in other models.
Guide Bar Length:
The length bar comes in several options. The type of length depends on the type of job you are undertaking. The longest blade length available with the gas-powered chainsaws is 72 inches or 6 feet.
Gas chainsaws are available in many options, unlike the electric or battery models. It is easy to find a gas model that meets all your specific needs without compromising on any feature.
Things to Avoid While Using a Gas Chainsaw
Here are some of the things to avoid doing when using a gas chainsaw;
- Avoid using a gas chainsaw that has damaged, loose or missing components.
- Do not drop start the chainsaw machine especially if you are using one hand.
- Never leave the gas chainsaw running or unattended.
- No adjustments should be made to the chain or any part of the chainsaw during operation.
- Do not use a chainsaw if you do not have a partner to help you clear the work area.
Kindly note that novice users should consider undertaking a safety class before using a gas chainsaw.
Read More About Chainsaw:
- Saw For Alaskan Mill
- Top 15 Chainsaw
- Saw For Cutting Christmas Tree
- Chainsaw Under $400 Buying Guide
- Which is the Best DeWalt 20V Chainsaw?
- Husqvarna 550XP Chainsaw Specification
· Is a gas or electric chainsaw better?
Most electric chainsaws cannot cut down large trees compared to a gas-powered chainsaw. Even though electric chainsaw are compact and easy to carry, they lack the power to perform heavy duties. In places where there is no power, an electric model cannot be used.
· Which is better gas or battery chainsaw?
Battery chainsaws are lightweight and easy to handle compared to gas-powered chainsaws and most electric chainsaws. They are easy to carry, produce minimal noise, and are cordless. They work better than gas models when performing light duties around the home. However, for larger jobs, the gas-powered chainsaws stand out.
· Who makes the best gas-powered chainsaw?
Husqvarna is arguably the best gas-powered chainsaw maker in the market. They are a popular company that manufactures chainsaw with awesome features. Additionally, they have been able to manufacture a wide range of chainsaw models.
· What is the easiest chainsaw to start?
Husqvarna is among the best chainsaw manufacturers in the market. It features a Smart Start technology that ensures you take little time to get it going. Also, it combines choke and stop to ensure that you do not flood the engine, while on the job. The bar length is 20 inches and comes with an ergonomic design.
· What size chainsaw do I need for milling?
Basically, you will require a chainsaw that has a 50cc capacity. However, this will not work well with heavier jobs. Remember, the more powerful the chainsaw is, the faster they work. In cases where you are performing smaller jobs, a smaller saw can be used.
· What cc chainsaw do I need?
The higher the cc the powerful the engine. If your work is moderate, the engine of your chainsaw should range between 40 to 50 cc. Any engine with a cc higher than 50 is very powerful and heavy. We advise that you take safety classes if you are planning to use a 50cc and above the engine.
A gas-powered chainsaw offers a variety of wood cutting needs to individuals, hobbyists, and experts. If you are looking into purchasing the best gas chainsaw under $200, then this review will guide you. Regardless of the task, a suitable gas-powered chainsaw will help get your job done.
Last update on 2020-12-03 at 01:26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API