There are a wide variety of saws for cutting pellets currently available in the market today. This has made it difficult for any interested buyer to determine what the Best Saw for Cutting Pallets. Despite the wide variety, there are a few saws that completely stand out from the rest.
The Bosch JS470E Power Tools Jig Saw comes first in our review of the best saw for cutting pallets. It offers lots of power and provides one the freedom of selecting among different blade speeds. This saw comes with a total of four orbital settings and it is very comfortable to hold and easy to use.
Top 06 Best Saw for Cutting Pallets Review
Product-01: Bosch JS470E Power Tools Jig Saws
- CONVENIENT: Featuring a tool less blade change system and fast insertion with a blade ejection lever that eliminates need to touch hot saw blade
- 4 in 1: 4 orbital action tool settings provide different blade strokes for smooth to aggressive cuts for taking on the toughest cutting tasks
- CONTROL: Variable speed dial sets maximum speed and accelerator trigger controls operating speed; Features an ambidextrous lock on button for steadiness and user comfort
Most likely you are surprised to see the Bosch JS470E Power Tools Jig Saws coming first in our list of the best saw for cutting pallets. The JS470E is among the most popular corded jigsaws currently available in the market and suitable for any person who is in the market for an all-rounder.
It comes with a 120-volt motor that is very powerful capable of dealing with any task which might come along. Its 4-way orbital settings provide one with the freedom of moving in any direction they need.
It has an excellent cutting capacity, a sturdy die-cast foot. The handle is very comfortable to hold and control it is very easy. You will never experience any problem with precision work when working with JS470E.
- Offers lots of power
- One has the freedom of choosing among different blade speeds
- Comes with 4 orbital settings
- Comfortable to hold and easy to use
- Lacks an LED guide light
- One will have to purchase an extra beveling tool
How to Cut Pallets with the Jigsaw?
- First, you need to ensure that you mount the right blade. Have the blade well secured and check to ensure it never moves while in the clamp.
- Have your workpiece ready. Always measure and mark the cut line
- Have the saw cut settings correctly set. In case the saw has orbital adjustments and settings of the speed, you need to set them.
- Rest the plate base in a secure position when lining up and getting to speed. Pull the trigger down and wait for the time the jigsaw will get to full speed.
- Keenly follow the cut line. Push the jigsaw firmly into the workpiece.
- Complete the cut by ensuring you follow the cutline till the end.
Product-02: DEWALT DW745S (The Table Saw)
- 45lbs unit weight and optimized footprint make this the most portable saw in its Class; Shoe bevels 0° to 45° for beveled cuts
- 15 amp motor quickly rips through hardwoods with ease
- Powerful 1850 watt motor for high performance in all applications (1300 watts 110 version for UK only)
The DEWALT DW745S is one popular table saw that is made of unique and great features. This saw comes with a modular guarding feature that helps one to make changes to the guarding elements without using any tools. It comes with a great 0-45 degrees functionality which makes it easy to one to make bevel cuts.
The DEWALT DW745S comes with a dust port that helps in reducing mess amount which you have to clear. This saw also boasts of having adjustable rear feet that help in keeping the saw even.
It comes with a complete three year warranty period which is considered to be the longest cover from any table saw. Its rip fence enables one top cut 16” to the right and 12” to the left. Locking it into position is very simple.
- The bevel lock is faster
- Comes with a 30” rip capacity
- Has a three year warranty period
- Comes with a dust port reducer
- Quite expensive
- Not that durable
How to Cut Pallets with the Table Saw?
- The table saw can inflict serious injuries on anyone who carelessly uses it. Ensure you put on safety glasses and pay attention to whatever you are doing.
- You need to be aware of some important parts of the table saw. Parts that are of great interest are the fence, table, blade, blade insert, fence dog, blade angle adjustment lever, blade height adjustment wheel, and the power button.
- The table saw can produce two types of cuts which can be performed on the table saw. The three cuts are the ripping cut, crosscut, and the dado cut.
- It is also important that you correctly set the blade. We do have two schools of thought on how to set the blade height. First is having the blade set higher than (~1/8 inch) more than the material top that needs to be cut. The second thought is to have the height of the blade set slightly above the material that needs to be cut.
Product-03: Rockwell RK3440K (The Circular Saw)
- Powerful, 4.0 amp, multi-functional, ultra-compact circular saw
- Cuts wide variety of materials such as tile, wood, sheet metal, plastics, flooring, and more. No-Load Speed- 3,500 rpm
- Ergonomic design with slim grip handle improves comfort and enhances grip and control – guide with just one hand!
The Rockwell RK3440K ranks as the best circular saw in the market. It is one saw that will offer you an unforgettable experience whenever you use it.
It comes with a 4.0 amp motor which is multifunctional. The compact frame weighs 4 pounds and has a 3-3/8” blade. There is also a laser guidance which is integrated and produces precise cuts that can get to a maximum depth of 1-1/16”.
Adjustment of depth using the indicator will permit precision easy locking. It also comes with a dust extracting adapter that helps in keeping the cutting line free from any form of debris. It also comes with a slim gripped handle that promotes user comfort and control enables a single hand operation.
- Made of durable construction
- It is of compact size
- Easy to maneuver and better control
- Comes with a pivoting guard
- Is a bit heavy
- Difficult to perform bevel cuts
How to Cut Pallets with the circular saw?
- First, get plywood or some type of wood that is pressure treated and has high moisture content.
- Has the saw fitted using the edge guide? This will enable you to make cuts that are even from one point to another.
- Accurately set the blade depth. The depth needs to be set precisely to ensure the blade goes through the wood. In most cases, ¼” will be enough.
- Place the unused wood pieces on the sawhorses. This will ensure you make the cuts in the manner you want.
- To make precise cuts, it is advisable you consider using the right circular saw.
Product-04: Metabo HPT Compound Saw (The Miter Saw)
- 10" Compound Miter Saw
- Same tools. New name. Hitachi power tools has renamed to Metabo HPT
- Miter angle range: 0°-52°, to the right and left for increased flexibility
The Metabo HPT Compound Miter Saw is a very popular saw in the market. Weighing just over 20 pounds, this saw is considered to be lightweight which makes it possible to carry around with lots of ease. This model offers you a clear 0-52 degree angle with ease.
This Miter Saw can cut both the right and left of the material which makes it a perfect saw to work on different materials. It has a 0-45 degrees bevel which adds to the cutting accuracy.
This saw provides an actuated thumb which will enable one to adjust the system without any difficulty. It is possible to have the saw set to resist pressure making it capable of lasting for a longer period.
- A lightweight product
- Changing the blade is easy
- Has an excellent precision
- Maintaining it is quite easy
- Its dust bag is not capable of collecting dust
- Quite expensive
How to Cut Pallets with the Miter saw?
- You will know where the blade will come into contact with the material by considering the thickness of the wood and the angle of cut.
- Extend the line across the stock and drop the blade onto the wood in order to check the alignment. Thereafter, adjust the board as required before you start the saw.
- Rest more than half of the board on the saw. To help you save time, mount the saw on the stand using long stock as the support.
- Place the stock against the fence and use your hands to hold it at a minimum of 6” from the blade.
- Ensure you always keep the other hand on the handle of the saw. Remember never to cross the arms when operating the saw.
- Always start the saw at the top of the operating line. This enables the motor to come up to speed.
Product-05: BLACK+DECKER BDCR20C saw (The Reciprocating Saw)
- Variable speed trigger for increased control
- Pivoting shoe for increased control
- Tool-free blade change
In case you are in the market for a reliable and efficient tool that you can easily carry around to wherever place you are going to and offer excellent performance, then the BLACK+DECKER BDCR20C 20V Reciprocating Saw is the perfect option for you.
This saw weighs a mere 4.5 lbs which means it is lightweight and easy to use and move around with. It has a volt of 20V which you will find the ideal for a number of tasks. The saw can be powered using a battery which makes it suitable for most of the outdoor tasks.
The BLACK+DECKER BDCR20C 20V Reciprocating Saw uses a tool-free blade change that ensures faster and easier blade change.
- Easy to carry around
- Perfect for outdoor tasks
- Offers great performs
- Easy to maintain
- Shakes a lot
- Wears out quickly
How to Cut Pallets with the Reciprocating saw?
- Hold the saw in the saw way you hold a shotgun: The hand that is not dominant will hold the bottom front while the dominant hand will rest on the back grip and trigger.
- Squeeze the trigger and let the saw gain full power when you start cutting.
- After the saw has got to its full power, have the saw to be in contact with the pellets you need to cut.
- Let the saw do most of the tasks. Focus on having control of the jumping saw. Ensure you hold it in place and always guide it through the cut line.
- The majority of the controlling and guiding will be performed by the hand which is not dominant.
- The blade can bend when too much pressure is applied
Product-06: CRAFTSMAN 20-Inch CMHT20881 (The Hand Saw)
- Exclusive tooth geometry for a high quality finish
- Induction Hardened teeth for a long lasting sharpness
- Ergonomically designed bi-material handle for comfort and control
This is a very portable saw which is highly functional and difficult to get your hands on since they are very limited in availability.
This handsaw is known to do an excellent job and ensures that whatever they work on are aesthetically pleasing.
It comes with a 10.5 amp motor that offers a strong push to ensure it cuts through any wood type which you might have and will offer you any cut type that you desire. It comes with a stand which is attached to the motor that ensures it can fold up whenever it is not in use.
- Easy to use and clean up
- Easy to maintain
- Very durable
- If not handled well can easily make bad cuts
- Not that fast in operation
How to Cut Pallets with the Hand Saw?
- First, mark the cut. Ensure you correctly mark the cut line at the two faces which are adjacent to each other. There are saw handles that will allow for a 45° and 90° lay outlines without getting to the square.
- Use the thumb to help in starting the cut. Use the thumb to enable you to align and steady the blade with the saw blade at the cut line waste side. Thereafter, hold the saw at a lower angle and pull in order to get started.
- Ensure you place your weight behind the blade.
- Make use of the full strokes which are at 45°. The longer strokes help in saving energy and producing smoother cuts.
- Never allow the board to break. When unsupported, the cutoff can always make the stock to tear when it nears the end.
- Complete the cut using gentle and smooth strokes.
There you have it. We do hope that the guide has helped you in knowing which the Best Saw for Cutting Pallets currently available in the market are. We have also given you a step by step guide on how to use every saw in cutting the pallets. In case you have any question, kindly do not hesitate to reach us.
Can a jigsaw cut through a pallet?
In most cases, the jigsaw is usually used in cutting a piece of wood from the inside and curve cutting. Jigsaw is of great importance when it comes to precise cutting. There are different types of jigsaws you can always use for when it comes to pallet wood cutting.
How thick of wood can a jigsaw cut?
The jigsaw work best when it comes to cutting the softwood that is not more than 1- ½ inch thick while the hardwood can be of ¾ inch thick. In most cases, the blades of the jigsaw usually bend when it comes to cutting the curves in the thicker boards.
How do you cut a wooden pallet straight?
First is marking the wood. It does not matter if you are a novice or an expert. It is always a good practice to mark the wooden pallet for cuts. With this, you can be sure of getting precise results. Before you embark on the cutting process, ensure you mark the wood using a square and in case you are in need of long cuts, use a pencil and a ruler. You can now start cutting by placing the saw on the work piece. The saw shoe needs to be on the marking. Turn on the saw and start moving it keeping the line you marked. This will ensure you cut the pallet straight. Never place extra pressure on the saw. It can be a bit tricky to cut long pieces. Use a circular saw or table saw when cutting long rips.
How do you attach wooden pallets together?
You can have the thin plywood pieces to the wall by having them attached to the wood screws directly on studs. Thereafter, have the first pallet slat placed at the top or in the wall at the center.
Last update on 2020-04-05 at 06:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API