When you are interested in making precise angle cuts with a table saw, there is nothing that is more useful than a miter gauge. When you get the best table saw miter gauge, you will be in a position of making accurate cuts that will provide you with great results for all your workshop jobs and DIY projects. However, the process of getting the best table saw miter gauge is never that easy.
From our review guide, we did find the INCRA Miter1000/HD Miter Gauge as the best table saw miter gauge currently available in the market. This miter gauge has excellent compatibility and a perfect stop capacity that comes with a locking system. Using it is quite easy and convenient. The design is friendly and comes with a T-slot retaining clip.
What are the Best Table Saw Miter Gauge? The following 07 Table Saw Miter Gauge has been tested and rated by professional woodworker:
Top 07 Best Table Saw Miter Gauge Reviews
Product-01: INCRA Miter1000/HD- INCRA Miter Gauge
- 180 Angle LOCK Indexing Stops with 1-Degree Step Spacing and Special Stops at ±22-1/2-Degree
- Patented Glide LOCK Miter Bar Expansion Disks Provide a Perfect Fit
- Heavy Duty Machined and Laser Cut Components. Patented Incremental Flip Shop Stop for Prefect Cut Length Control
In case you are interested in a premium table saw miter gauge that is very effective, precise, and quick, then INCRA Miter1000/HD Miter Gauge is the best choice for you. This miter gauge also ranks top among the table saw miter gauges we did review.
Design and Ease of Use
This INCRA Miter1000/HD Miter Gauge is of great design and comes with a number of top features that make most of its users comfortable and relaxed when using it. It comes with an easy to understand user manual that helps its users quickly understand how to operate it.
Not many processes are involved in operating it making it suitable for even new users. It comes with an adjustable miter bar with a telescoping lock cut off the fence and a flip shop stop. It also comes with a vernier scale that is used for measuring whenever there is a need. This ensures the INCRA Miter1000/HD Miter Gauge users receive outstanding results all round.
The INCRA Miter1000/HD Miter Gauge is a high definition machine and it will help you achieve super precision even for the hardest cuts. All this can happen when you combine the superb angle lock indexing system together with the 180 degrees stop capacity. It is a perfect table saw miter gauge for the demanding users.
- Has excellent compatibility
- Has a great stop capacity with a locking system
- Easy to use and very convenient
- It is of a slot friendly design and comes with a T-slot retaining clip
- It is slightly expensive
- Quite heavy and awkward to install
Product-02: Incra MITERV27 Miter V27 Miter Gauge (Work With All Miter Gauge Fence)
- Miter Gauge featuring 27 angle stops for precise incremental control
- No-nonsense design and compact size
- Delivers extreme miter cutting accuracy
You will never be let down by Incra brand when it comes to excellence. It is one brand that delivers the best performance and of perfect quality. The Incra MITERV27 Miter V27 Miter Gauge is one model that stands out among the wide variety of table saw miter gauges in the market.
Design and Ease of Use
What makes the Incra MITERV27 Miter V27 Miter Gauge great is its appealing and simple design. It comes with a mounting bracket that works with all types of fences. This makes it a perfect table saw miter gauge for users who expect great convenience. It also comes with a set of two pivoting arms offering more accuracy. There is also a machined bar that makes it much easier to use.
The Incra MITERV27 Miter V27 Miter Gauge is not just great when it comes to performance but also offers a great set of features and superb compatibility with sanders, saws, and router tables. However, it never leaves precision behind something that will add how good the miter gauge is. One of the first things you will have to consider when is the GlideLock for adjustability purposes.
- Easy to install and use
- The design is of high quality
- Comes with a great Angle Lock and GlideLock and adjusting systems
- Offers up to 180 degrees of angle capacity
- Slightly complicated to use with fence
- The yellow colors over the red background make it difficult to see the numbers
Product-03: Incra MITER5000 Miter 5000 Table Saw Miter Gauge
- Capitalizing on a great idea, the folks at Incra
- The sled with T-track and clamping fixture secures the work piece as one solid unit for precision cross-cutting at any angle
- The right-hand portion of the sled, once cut
The Incra MITER5000 Miter 5000 is among the best performing table saw miter gauges in the market. It is very popular among most loggers. In case you are in need of a simple to use and relatively cheaper table saw miter gauge, then the Incra MITER5000 Miter 5000 is the best choice.
Design and Ease of Use
This Incra MITER5000 Miter 5000 is attractive to the buyers’ eyes thanks to its clamping feature. You can always hold the work piece tightly whenever you are trimming the angles. This table saw miter gauge is also of compact style and a bit lightweight hence one can always use it for a long period of time without getting tired. This feature makes it quite easy to store. It is quite easy to install and within a short period of time, you can be through with installation and using it already.
The Incra MITER5000 Miter 5000 comes with up to 10 expansion disks that help in ensuring one has the highest accuracy whenever they are cutting. There is no friction at all hence very smooth and allows one to easily push materials into blades.
- Has an easy to understand user manual
- It is very lightweight
- Comes with a clamping feature
- Have high accuracy
- Screws are of bad quality
- There are people who encounter lots of trouble with its cross-cut angle
Product-04: POWERTEC 71005 Deluxe, Universal Table Saw Miter Gauge
- INCLUDES: (1) Table Saw Miter Gauge
- FUNCTION: Provides you with a premium table saw miter gauge replacement that allows you to make crosscuts at any angle with high precision
- FEATURES: Positive stops at all common angles for exceptional accuracy, a large ergonomical grip for control and comfort, set screws to remove any play, and a tip resistant washer to keep the unit steady when extended over your work surface
The POWERTEC 71005 refers to a miter gauge that is only meant to be used by professionals. It means that you can easily use it if you are a pro although it will not be of great help if you are a hobbyist.
Design and Ease of Use
This POWERTEC 71005 comes with a generously designed grip that offers strength and comfort. It gives its users an easy grip to hold on things. It is also skillfully controlled for having been designed with extra superior accuracy. It is made to fit well on the 3/8 x ¾ inches slots which makes it a standard miter gauge for experts. It also comes with positive stops at different common angles which make your work easier whenever it comes to measuring the material.
This POWERTEC 71005 features a tip-resistant washer that helps in keeping the gauge steady whenever it is prolonged over the surface work. It means that you will always get accurate results no matter what you will be measuring. It is also possible for one to use this POWERTEC 71005 with any other table saw type. You will enjoy the tight grip it offers and works with all the potential.
- It is very comfortable whenever you are using it
- Comes with positive stops
- Always remains stead when measuring
- Quite affordable
- Only meant for professional users
- It takes time for one to understand using it
Product-05: Osborne EB-3 Table Saw Miter Gauge
- Solid triangular design for tight miter joints
- Sliding stop flips up out of the way when not in use
- Easy to read index graduations
This Osborne EB-3 Table Saw Miter Gauge is a high ranking table saw miter gauge in the market. Its popularity has been increasing each day due to its high-performance level and perfect design. You can never ignore this equipment when in the market for a top quality table saw miter gauge.
Design and Ease of Use
The Osborne EB-3 Table Saw Miter Gauge is of triangular design which makes it a perfect choice for any person who is in need of a different but reliable miter gauge for their woodworking. Its design is not just out of the looks, it does deliver a top-notch quality to help support all types of workpieces without leaving functionality and precision behind. You will get a sliding stop design that moves alongside the coated tape for easy adjusting and measuring. It also comes with a telescopic fence that can extend up to 42 inches to enable you to support large pieces without any problems.
It is among the table saw miter gauges in the market that performs pretty well. You can always rely on it to do top quality work. It can handle a huge amount of work without any problem and still remain in top condition for a long time.
- It is of versatile design ensuring convenience
- The design is of high quality
- The telescoping fence is top-notch
- Great in performance
- Quite challenging to use the crosscuts
- Never leave lots of space to work with large pieces
Product-06: Fulton Precision Miter Gauge
- The Fulton Miter Gauge is a high quality, well thought out and economical solution for your table saw cross cutting needs.The Aluminum Miter fence is equally well thought out with its 45 degree ends for unsurpassed workpiece support and its ability to mounted to most any miter gauge. Also included is a handy aluminum flip stop for repetitive angled cuts on your table saw. Together these three items are the perfect compliment to each other for your table saw cutting needs.
- The .200” thick, adjustable, solid aluminum head is machined with 13 positive stop holes. 1 hole is at 90 degrees while the 6 holes on both sides are at 22.5, 30, 45, 60, 67.5 and 90 degrees. The positive stops are perfect for many woodworking projects as they are the angles that are typically used.To adjust the head you simply loosen the post knob handle, pull the spring loaded indexing pin outward, rotate the head to the desired position, release the pin and lock into place.
- The head is mounted to a solid steel miter bar that measure 18” in length and is .353” thick by .730” wide. Standard miter slots (not Craftsman or Sears brands) are 3/4” x 3/8” with a 1/8” “T” slot (slight variances from brand to brand) running the length on the bottom of the slot. The steel miter bar is equipped with a metal, removable retaining disc that measures 7/8” in diameter and is just shy of 1/8” to fit into to the “T” slot to prevent accidental lifting when feeding your stock through.
This Fulton Precision Miter Gauge is a top-quality device that has been on high demand in the market in the recent past. It is one of those miter gauges that will offer you the best solution for all your crosscutting needs.
Design and Ease of Use
This Fulton Precision Miter Gauge has a 0.200 inches thickness and is made of solid aluminum which makes it a very durable and strong product. Another top feature of this table saw miter gauge comes with are the 13 positive stop holes which are located on either side of the miter gauge.
When you use this table saw miter gauge, you will get a 90 degrees hole while the rest are located on both sides of the gauge. The positive holes are the most used by woodworkers together with other professionals. It is very easy to adjust the head of this miter gauge since you will only have to loosen the knob handle, rotate its head, pull the string, release the pin and lock the angle. The stops in the tool are given in such a way that it can help cut the right angle with the support of the tool. For you to adjust the miter head, you will have to adjust the handle of the knob.
- It comes with all the positive angles
- It is a very durable device
- Very easy to adjust
- Quite affordable
- It takes time for one to get used to it
- The user manual is not that easy to understand
Product-07: Woodstock D3123, Heavy-duty Miter Gauge
- 2-3/8-Inch by 8-Inch Miter Face
- 3/8-Inch by 3/4-Inch Miter Bar
- 5-Inch Tall Chrome Handle
In case you are interested in a heavy-duty miter gauge, then you need to try the Woodstock D3123. Despite not being very popular, it is one tool that performs very well.
Design and Ease of Use
It is one model that features two main components, a miter gauge head, and a miter bar. It weighs a mere 9.9 pounds which is quite heavier when compared to other miter gauges in the market. One of the reasons why this table saw miter gauge is quite strong is that it is made using cast iron material that is used in making it. It comes with a miter ball that is of standard dimension which allows it to fit onto most of the table saws. Its miter bar measures 3/4’’ by 3/8’’ which makes it possible to fit into most of the standard table saw miter slots.
Despite not being that popular among the table saw miter gauges in the market, this Woodstock D3123 Miter Gauge really performs very well and is able to cut woods quite fast. This table saw miter gauge can remain in a top working condition for quite a long time thanks to the top quality components. Using it is quite simple and can easily be used by a non-professional logger.
- It can fit the standard miter slots very well
- Setting it up is quite easy
- It is perfect for repeatable cuts
- Its design is compact
- It is quite heavy
- It is not in a position of handling workpieces that are longer than 30 inches.
How to Choose the Best Table Saw Miter Gauge?
In case you are shopping for the best table saw miter gauge, then there are important things that you will have to consider to enable you to get the best table saw miter gauge. In this section, we will be looking at some of the important factors you need to consider when buying a table saw miter gauge.
Build and Components
There is nothing that is important than a miter gauge which is comfortable, easy to install and use, and offers high precision whenever it is in use. It means you will require something that is of ideal build size and of great design. You will also require a table saw miter gauge that is made up of excellent components.
To ensure the build is of top quality, always consider the material of the product. Most people tend to go for aluminum or steel made table saw miter gauges especially when they are in need of something that is easy to use and more reliable.
Ensure the table saw components are of high quality. The recommended products should be of flawless and clean designs to help in preventing any issue.
Ease of Use
It is also important that you consider how easy it is to use the miter gauge you are about to purchase. For most of the operations, it is all about figuring out how you will be in a position to handle the gauge in your first try. You need to be at least familiar with the second and third try to ensure you make precise cuts without help.
There are some miter gauges especially the ones with sophisticated features that can be a bit tricky to use. When you do not get a gauge that is easy to use, you might end up using lots of your time.
The gauges capacity is measured by the number of degrees of the angle the product offers. Majority of them are able to get to 120 degrees. However, the largest option is able to get to 180 degrees with up to 25 stops making it possible for you to use different angle types according to your needs. It is however advisable that you go for options that stop not more than every 10 degrees.
Features and Accessories
The handle, grip or locking mechanism, fence attachment, and much more can be very convenient options to use with your fence. Provided you get something that comes with a reliable machine that has a grip oriented handle and is comfortable together with useful fence compatibility, you will get a fine miter gauge.
Apart from having extra features and being compatible with fences, it is advisable that you get a miter gauge that can fit with the power tool or table saw. You also have to know that not every gauge will fit on all the saws. Hence, it is always important that you be very keen whenever you are choosing a table saw miter gauge.
How to use a miter gauge of the table saw and set-up?
When you invest in the best miter gauge, you will always be sure that all the angle cuts you want to make are accurate. However, there are people who never realize that you can make a wide range of cuts especially when you learn how to use the miter gauge in the correct way. Below are some of the cuts which you can always make when using the miter gauge.
Making Square Cross Cuts
When learning to use the table saw miter gauge, one of the easiest ways to learn is the square cross-cut where the miter gauge will be site to 90 degrees depending on the angle marking on the gauge and the board end is cut square. Since the angle settings on the miter gauges are designed to be very accurate, in most cases, they can be one or more degrees out of kilter.
Below is a step by step guide to help you check on the gauge accuracy:
- Set the gauge to 90 degrees for a square cut which is perpendicular to the miter slot on your table saw.
- Unplug the table saw electrical cord and raise the blade as high as it will go.
- Slide the gauge forward until it is in line with the front edge of the exposed stationary saw blade
- Place on square edge of the 6-inch combination square against the saw blade and the corresponding edge of the square against the flat forward edge of the miter gauge.
- In case the square aligns well with both the blade and the gauge, the gauge settings are accurate. In case there are any gaps between the square and the gauge or blade, adjust the gauge angle until they perfectly align and tighten the locking mechanism.
Making Cross Cut
- You will have to slide the miter gauge backward to the front edge of the saw table and place the board against the gauge flat edge.
- Make a pencil mark on the wood where you will be interested in making the cross-cut and align the mark with the saw blade
- Plugin and turn the saw on then slide the miter gauge whiles its board is held securely against the gauge head.
- When the cut is completed, you will have to ease the board along with the gauge and away from the blade and slide the entire assembly back to the starting position before you turn off the saw motor.
Making angled cross cuts
The angled cross cuts are similar to the square cuts expect that the miter gauge has been set to an angle of up to 45 degrees before sliding the gauge and the corresponding wood piece towards the blade to make the cut.
When you are making an angled cut using the miter gauge, you will move the gauge slightly slower than you did when making the square-cut as the movement of the gauge may tend to slide the board out of position while moving it across the blade. You can always use a small woodworking clamp to secure the board to the gauge when making the cut.
Making Compound Cuts
The compound cuts that feature both bevel and miter angles can be completed by setting both the miter gauge angle and the saw blade bevel to the desired angles before you slide the gauge forward across the blade.
Benefits of Using the Table Saw Miter Gauge
Table saw miter gauge comes with lots of advantages although all of them are usually based on the ability to measure and align the wood piece making the most precise cuts possible. Below are some of the benefits that come with using the table saw miter gauge.
Accurate square cuts
It is never that easy to make square cuts. You will need great precision and the ability to hold the pieces down before you saw anything. Precisely that is where the miter gauge enters using its ability to hold the wood precisely in a horizontal manner.
Using the miter gauge, you can always place the piece of wood at the desired angle measuring with the marks on gauge. It will help you in making accurate crosscuts according to your requirements. Such type of cuts can be of huge benefit.
Multiple Identical cuts
There are times when you will need to make several cuts of the same length and angle. No one will ever want the pieces to be different especially when it comes to making functional pieces of furniture.
Q1: What is a miter gauge used for on a table saw?
A miter gauge refers to a device that is used for holding workpieces at a given angle whenever you are cutting the table saws.
Q2: Where are Incra tools made?
All the Incra tools are American made. They are made at a place called Carrollton, Texas
Q3: How do you square a miter gauge?
You measure both ends of the board and check if the miter gauge is square to the blade, if yes, then both plywood ends will be equal. However, when the gauge is not square the measurements will be different.
Q4: How do you rip 45 on a table saw?
First, you will have to set your blade at 45 degrees angle. Thereafter you will use a dedicated sled with the slot cut at 45 degrees on the top of the table saw.
We do hope that the above review guide has been of great help to you and that you are now aware of the best table saw miter gauge in the market together with some of the important factors you need to consider when shopping for one. We did analyze over 20 tables saw miter gauges in the market and consulted 5 tables saw experts. We also took our time and read through different customer reviews before coming up with our list of best table saw miter gauges. In case you have any questions or suggestions, do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Last update on 2020-09-25 at 15:49 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API