A table saw is the backbone of any woodworking shop. Most woodworkers are struck with the problem to find the best table saw under 300 $. It is possible to find a good quality table saw in your minimum budget without compromising on essential features.
We analyzed in detail the features, pros, and cons of top-rated table saws present in the market. In our study, we found that DEWALT DWE7485 is the best table saw under 300 $. This premium table saw from DEWALT comes with plenty of features essential for basic wood cutting.
Top 05 Best Table Saw Under 300
Product Name 01: Genesis GTS10SB 10” 15 Amp Table Saw with Self- Aligning Rip Fence, Oversized Sliding Miter Gauge
- Powerful 15 Amp Motor, 4,800 RPM
- Extra Large 24” X 20” Die-Cast Aluminum Table
- Rip Cuts, Miter Cuts, Bevel Cuts and Compound Cut
The Genesis GTS10SB runs on a 15 Amp motor and can cut at the speed of 4,800 RPM. This versatile table saw can be used for rip, bevel, miter and compound cutting. It can cut a large variety of materials including hardwood and plywood.
Aluminum Table with Rip Fence:
It comes with a 24” x 20” die-cast aluminum table which is spacious enough to handle large pieces of wood. The table has oversized sliding miter gauge that can cut up to 0 to 45 degrees miter cuts. It also features a rip fence that aligns itself to lock both sides automatically to facilitate the accurate adjustment.
It comes with a covered Rocker ON/ OFF switch. It has an overload auto-shut-off protection feature which protects the engine from overheating. Other safety features include a blade guard and anti-kickback pawls. Both do not require special tools for installation.
- It can give bevel cuts up to 45 degrees.
- Blade height control wheel makes cutting more convenient.
Onboard accessory storage:
You can conveniently store accessories when they are not in use. It has a miter gauge, blade and push stick can be placed on their specified holders.
- It has a heavy-duty metal work stand.
- 2 ¼” dust collection port can be connected to the vacuum cleaner.
- It gives a noiseless operation.
- It comes with 40 T blade which has carbide tips, rip fence, miter gauge, metal stand, push stick, and wrenches.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It is not suitable for professional woodworkers and home builders.
Product Name 02: Goplus Table Saw, 10-Inch 15 Amp Portable Table Saw, Cutting Speed up to 5000 RPM Sliding Miter Gauge.
- 【Powerful Cutting Performance】Equipped with high-power 15 Amp motor in low noise, this table saw delivers 5,000 RPM cutting performance to rip through various kind of hardwood with ease. And the heavy-duty table saw stand effectively prevents table from rollover during cutting.
- 【36 Tooth Blade & Aluminum Tabletop】Coated alumium tabletop with 26" rip capacity can easily rip through larger wood material and reduce extra friction for smoother sliding. Table saw features36T carbide-tipped blade, which is designed with transparent guard and riving knife to protect you from accidental hurt and flying chips.
- 【Double Bevel Cutting & Adjustable Height】Featuring the double bevel cutting from 0-45°, this table saw provides cross cut at 90°--3" and bevel cut at 45°--2-1/2". And portable table saw has a large hand wheel to control the blade lifting, convenient for different needs, such as slotting, ripping or cutting.
The Goplus Table Saw runs on a 15 Amp motor to deliver outstanding cutting performance at 5,000 RPM. It can rip through hardwood like hot butter.
It comes with a solid aluminum tabletop which gives 26” rip capacity. It can rip through large pieces of wood smoothly. To prevent the table from rollover during cutting, an additional stand is provided with the saw.
A rip fence is detachable and can be used in two positions. It allows narrow rip cuts. The self-aligning rip fence provides a parallel guide for accurate and precise cutting.
Additional safety features include a raving knife and a blade guard which prevents accidental hurts from flying chips. On/ off switch for added safety provides overload protection.
- It has on-board storage to accommodate wrench and push stick when not in use.
- It can be used without a stand when required for outdoor use.
- Adjustable Sliding Miter gauge allows -45 to 45 degrees crosscutting.
- It comes with a 36T carbide-tipped blade which has a transparent guard.
- It gives clean and precise cuts.
- It is easy to carry around and move.
- It comes with great safety features.
- Bevel cutting: 45 degrees – 2 ½”
- Loses stability when ripping bigger stuff.
- It takes time to get it assembled.
Product Name 03: TACKLIFE Table Saw, 10-Inch 15 Amp Table Saw, Cutting Speed Up to 4800 RPM
No products found.
The TACKLIFE table saw is powered by a 15A 2000W pure copper motor which gives a speed of 4800 RPM for powerful ripping. This machine can be used for plywood, hardboard, chipboard, wood, and blockboard.
It comes with a 25.3” x 28.3” aluminum table top which can be extended up to 3.9” on both sides for increased stability. This table is made of oxidation and deformation-resistant material which is further coated to reduce friction and give smooth sliding.
It features a bevel tilt handle which allows bevel cutting from 0 – 45 degrees on the left side. The maximum depth of cut at 90 degrees is 2-4/5” and at 45 degrees it is 2”.
It comes with a 10” 24T blade for wood which is made of high-quality carbide tips.
The miter gauge is essential to position and guides the crosscutting operation. You may adjust the miter angle between minus to plus 45 degrees according to your requirements.
The maximum rip capacity of this saw is 16.5” towards left and 12.6” towards the right.
- Easy access to push stick and Allen wrench through onboard storage.
- A 2 ¼” dust collection port, connectable with a vacuum cleaner.
- Transparent blade guard for clear vision.
- 2 years manufacturer’s warranty.
- It is suitable for hobby and DIY work.
- It gives clean and precise cuts.
- The saw is cheaply made.
- The instruction manual is not clear, parts are mislabeled.
Product Name 04: DEWALT Table Saw for Jobsite, Compact, 8-1/4” (DWE7485)
- Portability: Compact size for ease of transportation and storage
- Easy adjustments: Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- Variety of cuts: 24.5 inches of rip capacity for ripping 4x8 plywood or OSB sheets
The DEWALT table saw is a powerful machine that is designed for high accuracy and maximum cutting capacity. It runs up to 5800 pm on 15 Amp motor.
This table saw is easily portable because of its compact design and lightweight. You can easily carry it to your Jobsite.
It can rip 4×8 plywood or OSB sheets with 24.5” rip capacity. It features telescoping fence rails for convenient and accurate fence adjustments.
Onboard storage allows convenient storage of stick, guard, wrench, fences, and miter gauge when not in use.
It comes with a power-loss reset feature which prevents accidental restart in case you forget to turn off the power source. It also features a Site-Pro Modular Guarding System which makes it possible to adjust the guards without using any tools. A metal roll cage covers the saw for durability and protection.
- It has an efficient dust port for fast and convenient removal of sawdust.
- It is easily portable.
- It is easy to set up and use.
- It gives good value for money.
- It comes with a metal roll cage.
- It comes with all the basic equipment.
- Easy to set-up and use.
- The blade quality is not up to standard.
- It accepts only 8 ¼” blades.
- Dust collection is not much satisfactory.
Product Name 05: Rockwell Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw with Steel Rip Fence, Miter Gauge, and 7 Accessories – RK7323
- [SETS UP IN SECONDS] Take this table saw to the job site or move it around the workshop. There’s even a built-in carry handle
- [CUTS LIKE A FULL-SIZE] With the standard guard and riving knife system you can perform rip, cross, scroll, and miter cuts
- [TOOL-LESS BLADE CHANGE] Uses any brand’s standard 4” T-shank blade, but we threw 5 in the box to get you started cutting wood, ceramic tile, plastic, aluminum, and metal
Rockwell blade runner is a versatile tool designed for making rip, scroll, cross, and miter cuts. You just need to change the blade and carry on your desired cut.
It is easily portable due to its compact size. With the help of a built-in carry handle, you can take t to Jobsite or move around in the workshop.
Tool-Free Blade Changing:
It is compatible with standard 4” T-shank blades and comes with 5 blades in the package. You can use it to cut wood, plastic, aluminum, metal, and ceramic tiles.
The adjustable gauge helps to make accurate miter cuts up to 0 – 60 degrees, for your woodworking projects. It has a standard guard and riving knife system to support rip and crosscuts.
The saw comes with a safety switch with keys to protect the saw from accidental starting. The vacuum port allows you to hook up a vacuum cleaner for easy cleaning during cutting.
On-Board Accessory Storage:
The base of the saw has enough room for storing rip fence, miter gauge, and extra blades when they are not in use.
It features a larger rip fence with a hold-down guard and splitter for better control and wider cuts.
- The Rockwell table saw is lightweight and portable.
- It has a tool-free blade change system allows quick blade change in only 3 seconds.
- It can be set-up in seconds.
- It gives a variety of cuts from ripping to intricate scroll patterns.
- It may give problems with blade adjustments.
- It may take more time with longer cuts.
How to choose the best table saw under 300? – Buying Guide
A nice table saw that cuts with accuracy, precision, and speed can take you to another level in a woodcutting career. You may find a lot of models from different brands in the market. Every brand claims to have the best features within a reasonable price range.
We have summarized all the basic points that you must consider before buying your table saw to get the best value for your money.
The Available Space:
If you need the table saw for home or workshop use, make sure that you have enough space to accommodate one. Most of the models available in the market have compact designs and can fit into smaller spaces.
Cast iron tops and trunnions are best for extra stability. Heavier tables give better alignment and more stability. Aluminum tabletops are lightweight and more convenient in terms of portability.
Cutting Capacity, Cutting Depth, and Bevels:
Check the power of the motor according to your woodcutting requirements. The motor determines the RPM, and then cut or rips the capacity of a specific tool.
The accurate and maximum cutting capacity of a saw can be determined by testing its cutting depth at 0 degrees.
For bevel cutting, ensure that the base plate is adjustable. Check the adjustment allowance in your saw, which may be 45, 50 or 90 degrees.
Another feature to look for is “flush housing”. It allows you to cut very closely to the wall. This is useful when you are cutting floors.
Maximum Rip Capacity:
Rip capacity is defined by the distance between the fence and the blade. The required rip capacity depends on the type of projects you work on.
Professionals prefer a table with a minimum capacity of 24” to cut larger sheets of plywood or MDF. Rip capacity less than 20” is sufficient for trimming deck, fence boards, and other small jobs.
The soft-start feature controls the intensity of a motor startup. A soft start feature is essential for better performance and for minimizing the burden on the machine. It also decreases the chance of tripping a circuit breaker.
Variable Speed Control:
The power of the motor determines the speed of a saw. Consider the rating of the motor before buying a saw. Saw with a higher motor rating has a high RPM which represents the speed of blade spinning. Higher RPM indicates a better cutting power and ensures accurate and precise cuts.
Motor power also related to more control which allows you to cut tougher material. More control also enables you to use bigger blades easily. Therefore, high RPM means great overall performance of a table saw.
Variable speed control enables the blade to maintain a constant speed while cutting with variable loads. It is beneficial when you are working with knotted wood. It minimizes the chance of kickbacks and burns.
Consider your type of job and your physical strength before buying your saw. Lightweight, compact saws are usually easy to handle and carry around.
Also make sure that the saw balances well in your hand. Sometimes you will need to shift the saw grip from one hand to the other, which should be done without losing its balance.
Another feature essential for clean cutting is blade visibility. The sight of the blade should be clearly visible to the woodworker. The window should clearly show the blade so that the operator can easily assess the line of the blade and the depth of the cut.
Amps and volts represent the electric power required by the saw. Higher Amp and volts indicate heavy duty machines with heavy motors. Machines for home and hobby use will give the desired performance with 120V. For industrial or professional use, 220-240V is desirable.
Dust Extraction Method:
Most of the table saws feature dust collector units. Most modern saws have a unit that can be directly connected to the vacuum cleaner for fast and effective sawdust removal. This feature is of significance if you want to protect your workshop from sawdust mess.
On/ Off Switch:
Before buying a table saw, make sure it has an on/ off switch. The switch should have a cover and should be easily assessable to the operator. This feature is essential for safety as well as the efficiency of the table saw.
Convenient and Easy Usage:
Manufacturers highlight a lot of features to attract customers. Try finding a table saw which is easy to use and handle. Also, look for basic safety features offered by the particular table saw before purchasing it.
The quality of the blade is an essential factor that determines the performance of your saw and the quality of the cut. To get optimum performance out of your saw, ensure that you use the blade suited for the desired type of cut.
Consider the right type of blade that is compatible with your saw. Consider its cutting depth to make sure it is the right one for your intended purpose. This will give you smooth and precise cuts.
A splinter guard will minimize the splintering of the board’s surface. The saw gives accurate and precise cuts when it is lined up at the start and finish mark.
Fence controls the accuracy of cuts. The rip fence should be in proper parallel alignment with the blade for precise and accurate cuts. The aluminum fence is lightweight and resilient and must be preferred over a plastic fence.
The minimum arbor size should be 20 mm in order to maintain the stability of the blade.
These are small pieces of wood or metal mounted around the blade. They are also known as throat plates. They prevent the wood from falling into the arbor.
Determine the amount of your money you can invest on the table saw. In this way you will not get confused by looking at very expensive or very cheap models.
Select a saw which gives the best value to your money in terms of durability and performance. Check out the manufacturer’s warranty and customer reviews before making a final decision.
Safety First: prioritize your safety over cut quality. A table saw with good safety features should be your first choice.
The blade guard prevents the wood from falling on to a rotating blade. Woodworkers often remove it as it can obstruct your vision and hinders the use of a push block.
According to statistics, two-thirds of the table saw incidents occur in the absence of a blade guard.
A Riving knife is used to protect the operator from a kickback. A riving knife stops a wood kerf from a close-up behind the blade. It also prevents a wood piece from pivoting into the saw’s rear teeth. In that case, they may propel back to the operator.
Riving knife is an essential safety feature present in all table saws manufactured after 2007.
Safety Precautions of Table Saw
The table saw is a powerful tool and can cause a lot of injuries if not operated with caution. In the U.S over 30 thousand injuries are caused by table saws. When you intend to use a table saw, take your safety seriously. Study the manufacturer’s manual before you start working on a new table saw.
Safety gear for using a table saw will include earplugs, goggles, and gloves. Remove loose clothing and accessories that can be caught into a table saw.
Let the blade spin at the full speed before you feed the stock. Feeding the stock when the blade is not spinning at full speed may become risky.
Before Making Adjustments:
Before making necessary adjustments, make sure that the blade is not spinning. To ensure your safety, it is advisable to unplug the saw from the power source. This will prevent the machine from turning-on accidentally during settings.
A careless behavior while setting up your saw may cause serious injuries as your hand may get caught up by the blade.
Check the Safety Features:
Before you start working, make sure that all the safety features are working properly. This step is mandatory to prevent unexpected incidents.
Check your Material:
Inspect your material carefully to make sure no foreign object enters the saw. These unexpected objects may cause kickback issues when they go in the blade and may end up in a disaster.
Work in a comfortable posture and good body balance to avoid fatigue. Moreover, avoid standing in front of the saw machine. If there is a kickback, the stock can hit you up.
Feed Thin Boards with Caution:
Some people end-up with finger injuries when feeding thin and narrow boards. Use the right accessories and push the device properly to save your fingers.
Types of Table Saw:
Before you purchase your table saw it is necessary to decide what type o saw is beneficial for you. There are five types of table saw according to size, power, and portability.
Compact Table Saws:
They are lightweight and portable. They can be placed on a bench or stand and can be carried around when required. They are the best choice for beginners, hobbyists, and construction contractors. They usually lack effective dust collection systems.
Jobsite Table Saws:
They are intended for use at job sites and come with a collapsible scissor stand, which may or may not have wheels. They are easily portable. They have a compact body and can be stored in a little space. They are widely used in the construction industry.
Contractor Table Saws:
They come with less durable gearing and arbor assembly. Their biggest disadvantage is less stability and more vibration/noise production. They are suitable for hobbyist’s woodworking shop.
Cabinet Table Saws:
They are made to endure frequent heavy use. Ideal for professional woodworkers, these table saws offer great power, accuracy, stability, and durability.
Hybrid Table Saws:
Hybrid table saws provide a cheaper alternative to cabinet table saws. In a hybrid, table saw trunnions are attached to its base. This means a great precise alignment of the saw.
In this article, we reviewed the most popular table saw models for their basic features, pros, and cons. It is not impossible to find a fantastic table saw on a reasonable budget. Table saws from reliable brands come with a lot of impressive features. They allow clean and precise cutting while ensuring maximum operator safety and convenience.
Now it is easier for you to select the best table saw under 300 $ according to your work requirements, preferred features, and personal choice.
- Contractor Table Saw Buying Guide
- Saw To Cut 2×4
- Best Saw To Cut Drywall
- Mobile Base For Table Saw
- Top 05 Saw To Cut Tree Limbs
- Which is The Best Table Saw Miter Gauge?
- Top 05 Table Saw For Woodworking
- Which is the Best Wet Tile Saw For DIY?
- Table Saw Blade for Ripping Maple Buying Guide
Where should the table saw be placed in a shop?
In a shop, a table saw can be placed in various ways:
- You can place your table saw in the center of your shop. This will give ample space for ripping and crosscutting long pieces of material.
- If your shop is long and narrow, place the extension table end of the saw near a long wall of your shop.
- If you require a big place to rip longboards, place it diagonally. You can create even more room for cutting big stock, by placing the outfeed side facing towards the door or window.
- If you have to take it out of the shop often, then place it near the door.
Is Powermatic better than a jet?
Powermatic was once called “the Gold Standard” when they were manufactured in America. Powermatic and Jet are owned by same company, so they have similar design features.
- Powermatic is manufacturing in China and Jet in Taiwan.
- Powermatic is made of premium quality materials and has better finishing than Jet.
- Both come with a 5 years warranty.
- Jet is 1.25 HP and Powermatic is 1.5 HP.
- Powermatic has higher prices than Jet.
- Jet’s lower cabinet can be used for storage but there is no storage cabinet in Powermatic.
How much rip capacity do I need on a table saw?
The required rip capacity depends on the type of work you are frequently engaged in and the space you have for accommodating your saw. Rip capacity can be extended to a certain limit, by rip fence extensions in most of the direct-drive tables.
Most portable saws have a rip capacity of about 24 to 26 inches that is enough for most workshops and onsite ripping requirements.
If you work on hardwood most of the time, it is advisable to go for a table saw featuring a larger rip capacity. A greater rip capacity indicates better ripping performance.
What’s the best table saw for the money?
DEWALT DWE785 is our top pick for the best table saw for the money. This saw comes with all the basic features required by a beginner or professional woodcutter.
It comes with all basic safety features, a fence, a miter gauge, and a push stick. It has a reasonable 24.5” rip capacity. The saw is lightweight and easily portable. It comes with a metal roll cage for durability.
Considering the fact that DEWALT is a reliable name in the woodworking industry, this table saw is easy to use, gives optimum performance with clean and precise cuts.
What is the best table saw for a beginner?
Table saws that are easy to set-up and operate are a better choice for beginners. They also have advanced safety features as beginners are prone to making mistakes and getting injuries.
In our opinion, the best table saw for beginners is Genesis GTS10SB. It is convenient and simple to operate. It features an automatic ON/ OFF switch with a shut-off cover for added safety. It is also equipped with an overload auto-shut-off feature that protects the engine from seizing.
It has a self-aligning rip fence to lock the front and rear automatically for accurate and precise cutting.
How much does a good table saw cost?
You can find an average table saw in as low as 150$. Definitely, such a low budget table saw may be built of cheap materials. You can use that saw to occasionally rip aboard.
A reasonable table saw which comes with all basic features and made to endure daily ripping or crosscutting procedures, you will have to invest somewhere between 300 – 400 U.S Dollars.
For prolonged, continuous ripping and cutting operations in a workshop, you may require a heavy-duty table saw which may cost you above 500$
Last update on 2020-12-03 at 01:26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API