The DEWALT 20-V MAX Cordless Drill / Driver Kit, Brushless, 1/2-Inch (DCD791D2) is a powerful drill machine that provides High-speed transmission and delivers 2-speed variations allowing users to choose the level of performance needed for various applications. Comfort grip adds balance and control to the driller as well 3-modes of LED produces lighting in the dark or confined spaces up to 20 times brighter than the previous model.
Table of Contents
Presenting DeWalt DCD791D2 Reviews and Buying Guide
No products found.
No products found.
- Brushless motor of DEWALT can now give 57% more run time.
- High-speed transmission.
- Compact, lightweight, and utterly simple to handle.
- Ergonomic comfort grip handle.
- 3-Mode LED 20 times brighter than the previous model.
- 33% more fuel gauge capacity over standard packs.
- 20-minutes shutoff functions in the LED spotlight.
In-depth Review Of DeWalt DCD791D2
- Brushless Motor:
Now you will get more efficiency by DEWALT brushless motor than a brushed motor does provide earlier. With the help of a brushless motor, you can spend more time in your work without changing the battery every time, unlike the drill, which consists of a brushed motor.
- High-speed Transmission With Two-speed Settings (0-550/0-2,000 RPM):
DEWALT DCD791D2 consists of High-speed transmission with two-speed settings (0-550/0-2,000 RPM), which makes it more compatible with doing small tasks to more significant tasks.
- 1st setting, which is (0-550 RPM): Setting 1 is low speed/high torque and is best for driving screws on the other hand
- 2nd setting, which is (0-2,000 RPM): Setting 2 is the highest speed, and it is best for drilling or driving fasteners.
- Compact and lightweight:
The DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Drill is designed to handle in tight and compact areas.
Now you don’t have to worry about the size and the weight. It is probably the most accessible tool to be handled as it is just 6.9 inches from front to back and lightweight of 3.4 lb, which makes it easy-peasy to handle. With its Ergonomic comfort grip handle, it provides ideal balance and full tool control.
- 3-Mode LED light:
Now darkness could not stop you from working. It consists of 3-modes LED, which is 20 times brighter than the previous model, it produces lighting in dark or confined spaces, and never allows any hindrance in your work even in the dark or enclosed places. Along with XR Li-Ion batteries fuel gauge provide 33% more capacity over standard packs.
- 20-Minutes Shutoff Function:
LED spotlight comes along with the functionality of a 20-minutes shutoff function, which is fantastic as well as efficient on the same note; it allows for extended work time in the dark as it saves battery.
- Lightweight and compatible as it is just 6.9 inches from front to back and (3.4 lb) in weight.
- With the increased efficiency of the DEWALT- the brushless motor delivers up to 57% more run time over the brushed motor that the older version was ergonomic comfort grip makes it super easy and comfortable to handle.
- 3-Mode LED produces lighting in dark or confined places up to 20 times brighter than the previous model.
- Ratcheting chuck of metal 1/2″ for superior Bit Grip and strength.
- XR Li-Ion batteries provide 33% more capacity over regular packs.
- High-speed transmission of (0-550/0-2,000 RPM), which makes it compatible with all kinds of work.
- A 20-minute shutoff function for LED spotlight mode allows for extended work time and better efficiency.
- Cordless drill, you have to remove the battery every time it discharges.
- Finicky chuck. The lowest clutch setting is not light enough.
- No bit clip
- It’s not light enough for delicate tasks.
- This chuck tends not to clamp onto bits naturally. It tends to try to grab the bit by the corners rather than the flat sides.
No products found.
No products found.
How To Use DeWalt DCD791D2 Drill
- Before inserting the battery pack, Plug the charger into an appropriate outlet. 11 Fig. C 10
- The red charging light will start blinking continuously, indicating that the charging process has begun while you insert the battery pack 11 into the charger, make sure that the battery pack is adjusted in the charger.
- If the battery is charged fully, then it will be indicated by the red light remaining ON continually. After pushing the battery release button 10 on the battery pack, you can remove the battery pack from the charger. If the battery pack is totally charged, it may be used at this time or can be left in the charger.
NOTE: Charge the battery pack fully before first use to ensure maximum performance and life of lithium-ion battery packs.
- Variable Speed Trigger Switch (Fig. A)
To turn the tool on, press the trigger switch 1. To turn the device off, release the trigger switch.
As the machine is equipped with brakes so the chuck will automatically stop as soon as you fully release the trigger switch.
NOTE: It is not recommended to continuously use in variable speed range. It should be avoided as it may damage the switch.
- Forward/Reverse Control Button (Fig. A)
Press the forward/reverse control button on the right side of the tool to choose forward rotation, from the trigger switch. To select the reverse, depress the forward/backward control button on the left side of the device.
The middle position of the control button locks the device in a distant place.
A forward/reverse control button 2 selects the direction of the power tool and also serves as a lock-off button.
NOTE: The first time the tool is run after changing the direction of rotation, you may hear a click on startup. This is common and does not mean any problem.
- Drilling (Fig. J)
NOTICE: If drilling thin material, use a block of wood as a backup to prevent loss to the material.
- Choose the desired speed/torque limit using the gear shifter to balance the speed and torque to the planned operation. To the drill symbol, turn the collar 3.
- Use sharp and fine drill bits only. Use carbide-tipped bits rated for percussion drilling.
- For MASONRY purposes such as brick, cement, cinder block, etc. Always apply enough pressure in a straight line with the bit to keep drill biting, but do not try to push hard enough to deflect the bit stall the motor.
- Hold the tool firmly with both hands to control the twisting action of the drill. Grip the drill with one hand on the handle and one hand on the battery pack if the device is not equipped with a side handle.
WARNING: Grip the drill firmly to control the twisting action and avoid injury. The drill may stall if causing an overloaded, sudden twist. Always expect the stall.
- To reduce overloaded, stalling, reduce pressure on the drill or breaking through the material, try to ease the bit by the last fractional section of the hole.
- To stop jamming, let the motor rolling when you’re pulling the bit back out of a drilled hole.
- Torque Adjustment Collar (Fig. A)
The power is equipped with an adjustable torque screw-driving mechanism for removing and driving a wide array of fastener shapes and areas and in some models of power tools, a hammer mechanism for drilling into masonry.
Circling the collar 3 numbers, a hammer symbol, and in some models a drill bit symbol. To set the clutch and to deliver a torque range these numbers are used. As much as high the collar number will be, the higher torque and the larger the fastener can be driven. Rotate till the desired number aligns with the arrow to select any of the numbers.
NOTE: The torque adjustment collar is only engaged and involved during the screw-driving mode. It is not engaged and involved during drilling or hammer drill modes.
Power Tool Use and Care
Power Tools Use (Fig. K):
- Choose the desired speed/torque range by the gear shifter to match the speed and torque to the desired operation.
- Turn the torque fixing collar 3 to the wanted position.
NOTE: Use the minimum torque setting needed to seat the fastener at the desired depth — as low as the number, lesser will be the torque output.
- Insert the wanted fastener accessory into the chuck as you would any drill bit.
- Do some practice runs in scrap or on unwanted areas of the workpiece to learn the proper manner of the torque adjustment collar.
- Try to always start with lower torque settings, then advance to higher torque settings to avoid damage to the workpiece or fastener.
Power Tools Care:
- Avoid adjusting the too, use the correct power tool for your application. Do not force the power tool. The right power tool will do the job better and will be safer for the tasks for which it is designed.
- Avoid using the power tool if the (on and off) switch does not work correctly. The power tools that cannot be controlled with the switch is deadly and hazardous and must be repaired.
- Before performing any adjustments, changing accessories, or storing power tools, remove the battery pack from the power tool. Such preventive and safety measures minimize the risk of automatically starting the power tool accidentally.
- Do not allow persons who are unfamiliar with the power tool or do not know these instructions to operate the power tool. Power tools are hazardous and dangerous in the hands of untrained users — store unused power tools out of the range of children.
- Inspect for the misalignment of the tool or binding of moving parts, damage of parts, or other conditions that can affect the power tool’s operation. Maintain power tools. If the power tool is found damaged, have the power tool repaired before use. Poorly maintained power tools cause many accidents.
GENERAL POWER TOOL SAFETY WARNINGS
- Safety in Work Area
- Keep the work area clear, cleaned, and adequately lit. Messy, cluttered, and dark areas invite accidents.
- Do not work with power tools in explosive atmospheres, such as in the closeness of flammable liquids, gases or dust. Power tools generate sparks which may burn the dust or fumes.
- Keep children and watchers away while working with a power tool. Distractions can lead to losing control.
- Electrical Safety
- The power tool plug must match the socket. Never modify or adjust the plug. Avoid using any adapter plugs with earthed or grounded power tools. Matching outlets and Unmodified plugs can reduce the Risks of electric shock.
- Avoid body touch with grounded or earthed surfaces such as refrigerators, radiators, pipes, ranges. If your body is grounded or earthed, there is an increased risk of electric shock.
- Never expose power tools to wet conditions. Entering the water in a power tool will grow the risk of injury and electric shocks.
- Do not damage the wire. Never use the cord for unplugging the power tool or pulling or carrying it. Put the cable and the device away from heat, oil, sharp edges, or affecting parts. Entangled or Broken wire of power-tool will rise the danger of electric shock.
- Use an extension cord when operating a power tool outdoors. The use of wire ideal for outdoor reduces the risk of electric shock.
- The practice of using ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protected supply reduces the risk of electric shock if working with a power tool in a damp location.
- Personal Safety
- Use common sense while working with the power tool and stay alert, watch what you are doing. Avoid using the power tool while you are overworked or tired or if under the influence of alcohol or medication or drugs. A flash of distraction while operating power tools may end with severe shock and personal injury.
- Use special protective equipment. Protective equipment such as non-skid safety shoes, dust mask, hard hat, or hearing protection used for appropriate conditions will reduce personal injuries. Always wear eye protection.
- Prevent erratic and unintentional starting. Ensure the switch off before connecting to the battery pack, carrying the tool or picking it up. Energizing the power tools while the switch is on or moving the power tool with your finger on the switch encourages accidents to occur.
- Adjusting key or wrench must be removed before turning on the power tool. A key or a wrench if left attached to the rotating part of the power tool may invite self-injury.
- Keep optimum footing and balance at all times. Do not overreach. It enables better control of the power tool in unexpected and accidental situations.
- Keep your clothing, hair, and gloves away from running parts. Dress properly. Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry. Long hair, baggy clothes, jewelry can be caught in running parts of the power tool.
- The use of dust collection can reduce dust-related danger and hazards. If the tool is provided with the connection of dust extraction and collection facilities, ensure these are connected and correctly used.
Overall if we talk about DeWalt dcd791d2 review, it is one the best product at this price because of not only this consist of every functionality but also it is probably the most portable gadget at this price.
The features which make it entirely suitable with the price are as follows:
⦁ The Brushless motor of DEWALT can now give 57% more run time.
⦁ High-speed transmission.
⦁ Compact, lightweight, and utterly simple to handle.
⦁ Ergonomic comfort grip handle.
⦁ 3-Mode LED 20 times brighter than the previous model.
⦁ 33% more fuel gauge capacity over standard packs.
⦁ 20-minutes shutoff function in LED spotlight.
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h3″ question-0=”What is the torque rating of this drill?” answer-0=”• Another way to figure out a torque rating of a Dewalt drill is to go to Dewalt’s EU site, pick the United Kingdom and look at the specs. They list both torque specs in this case. MAX is 70 nm soft is 27 nm converting to 619.55 in-lb and 238.97 in-lb. • Hard torque is instant torque delivered. Usually at the start of an application; whereas, soft torque is applied throughout the application like when driving a screw. Coming to my DeWalt dcd791d2 review overall the product is good as compared to the price. ” image-0=”” headline-1=”h3″ question-1=”How long does the battery take to charge?” answer-1=”It takes about 1-1/2 hours for each battery. The light blinks when it’s done. They are excellent, and you will like them with the 20v drill.” image-1=”” headline-2=”h3″ question-2=”What is the foot lbs?” answer-2=”530 in-lb. Adjustable. VERY powerful and yet small drill.” image-2=”” count=”3″ html=”true” css_class=””]
- Floor Drill Press For Home Shop Buying Guide
- Floor Drill Press For Metal Reviews
- Top 05 Value Drill Press
- Adjustable Wrench Review
- Top 05 Benchtop Drill Press For Woodworking
Last update on 2023-09-01 at 04:07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API