If you are looking for high-quality professional tools, then Husqvarna gives you the ideal tools as per your requirements. This company will never disappoint you if you want a light chainsaw for your casual residential tasks despite professional tools. It is considered in five top brands of these tools so if you choose Husqvarna, you will be amazed by its products.
The Husqvarna 240 works on its two-stroke gas engine which creates enough power for light tasks like trimming, falling of small trees, cutting the small trees’ wood, etc. it is suitable for routine works and gives accurate and fine cut. A professional woodcutter or tree feller can also use it. If you are interested in knowing more about this chainsaw, this Husqvarna 240 chainsaw review article is for you.
What makes a Husqvarna 240 Chainsaw The Best?
No products found.
It is more famous for regular household jobs. The first thing that makes it best that people trust the manufacturer. Husqvarna is one of the top companies in the field of tools and equipment.
Its lightweight and easy handling make Husqvarna 240 chainsaw the best for homeowners. It is one of the smallest chainsaws in Husqvarna’s tools. Its power is enough to make it suitable for various tasks; that’s why it is considered the best chainsaw of Husqvarna.
Another essential quality is the safety feature that makes it ideal for the persons who use it. Due to Husqvarna 240 chainsaw’s safety feature, there is very little chance of injury to anyone in the case of an accident.
One more thing that we appreciate is its less vibration that makes the user comfortable while using it. Husqvarna also gives a 2-years warranty, so people prefer to purchase this chainsaw.
Technical Specifications Of Husqvarna 240 Chainsaw
Before deciding to buy Husqvarna 240 chainsaw, you will want to know about its specifications, so we will describe all the features clearly. It’s all about you so that you can easily choose this chainsaw for your casual work as well as professional tree-cutting.
Its engine is of 38.2cc X-torque that is best for its fuel consumption. If we talk about its output that is two brake horsepower to provide 9000 revs per minute speed. This saw is useful for light tasks, that’s why this power is enough to make it suitable for the tasks for which Husqvarna 240 chainsaw is designed.
It has an air-injection cleaning system through which dirt and dust are removed. Due to this system, air filter doesn’t capture the dirt particles. You don’t need frequent cleaning of the air filter.
Guide Bar and Chain
There are a 16 inches bar and chain with Husqvarna 240 chainsaw. It also contains a pitch of 3/8 inches, a 0.05-inch gauge, and 66 links. It also allows you to change the guide bar for another size. Its chain maintenance is crucial for better performance of the saw. The speed of this chain is over 16 meters per second, which is quite good.
The 16 inches bar of the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw possesses a nose sprocket. This sprocket reduces friction while the chainsaw is in use. It is also helpful to protect the bar.
Husqvarna 240 chainsaw is made of metal and high-quality molded plastic. These materials enhance the beauty of the saw, along with its performance.
A handle is provided for secure handling and usage. A handguard is there to protect your hands. To avoid the accidental starting of the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw, a lock-out switch is there on the upper side of this handle. On the left side of the handle, chock control and start or stop buttons are given.
The tool has a primer bulb on the left side which releases the fuel to the carburetor at the starting of the saw.
On the right side of the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw, there is a clutch cover with two screws. These screws are removed when you want to fit the bar and chain of the tool.
Husqvarna 240 chainsaw also contains an air filter which is made up of felt. You can easily clean and wash the air filter with soap and water.
On the front of the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw, a muffler is given to overcome the noise. It also prevents the dirt from the operators.
Chain Oiling System
Husqvarna 240 chainsaw has an auto chain oiling system, so you don’t worry about releasing the oil by pushing any button. It releases 8ml oil per minute.
Husqvarna 240 chainsaw contains a chain brake which is useful for a kickback. You can either operate it manually or automatically by the inertia release system.
If you consider the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw’s weight without its cutting equipment, so it is 10.3lbs. With cutting tools, it weighs 13lbs that is quite reasonable for a chainsaw like this.
Husqvarna 240 chainsaw’s fuel capacity is 2.24 fl. oz. The capacity of the gas tank is 0.14 US pints.
Its sound level is 100.7 DB. It is not so bad for a gas chainsaw, but prolonged use should be avoided because you can face ear problems over 90db.
For reducing the vibration, there are many springs that are placed in different areas of the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw.
Husqvarna 240 chainsaw comes with some accessories.
- Guide bar scabbard
- User manual
No products found.
The engine of the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw is 38.2 cc that is good for this saw. It has a bar and chain which help in using this saw. Many features are available regarding these. An auto chain oiling system is there to facilitate you so that you don’t take tension about the oiling. It works on a mixture of gas and oil, and the gas tank has a capacity of 2.24 fl. oz.
The proportion of gas and oil mixture is 50:1 and 33:1. It depends upon the quality of oil you use. The detail of oil is given in the user manual that makes the selection of oil easy for you. If you want good results and condition of the saw, you must use 50:1 Husqvarna 2-stroke oil. A minimum of 90-octane gas is recommended. If you use bad-quality oil, your engine will damage soon.
- It is a lightweight gas saw that is effortless to use. It is also a small-sized chainsaw so everyone can handle and manage it comfortably.
- Husqvarna 240 chainsaw comes with a user manual that makes using it very easy for you.
- It is one of the most fuel-efficient saw.
- It is an ideal saw for casual jobs such as trimming or cutting of small trees.
- It is not a battery-operated saw, so you don’t worry about recharging or changing the batteries.
- It’s straightforward to start if you correctly follow the instructions guide.
- The presence of a nose sprocket enables the chain to operate smoothly by reducing the friction. Moreover, it is also helpful for protecting the bar.
- Its chain speed is more than 16 meters per second which is enough to perform the functions brilliantly for which this Husqvarna 240 chainsaw is designed.
- It has a washable air filter so you can wash it with a mixture of soap and water.
- It is a noiseless saw because a muffler is given to reduce the noise level.
- Its cleaning system is useful for removing the dirt and dust elements and prevent them from entering in the air filter. It reduces your cost of maintenance because you don’t need to clean or change the air filters frequently.
- Husqvarna 240 chainsaw has an automatic oil system, so you are free to use it without worrying about the oiling.
- A chain brake is there for the kickback which is also automatic, but you can also operate it by hand.
- There are front and rear hand guards for the protection of hands from injury and jerk.
- Husqvarna 240 chainsaw has a 2-years warranty.
- It is available in the market at an affordable price.
- Sometimes, oil can be leak when you store Husqvarna 240 chainsaw.
- There may be a need for a carburetor before use.
- Husqvarna 240 chainsaw doesn’t come with a case or bag for storing it or transferring it to any other place.
- Its handle grip is not made of rubber, so you have to use gloves before using this saw.
How to Use Husqvarna 240 Chainsaw
First of all, you must look Husqvarna 240 chainsaw carefully that it is ready to use. Now, an appropriate mixture of gas and oil is filled in the saw fuel tank. Check the chain’s tension so that you can accomplish your task without any problem. You must examine the air filter as well. Filler caps should be tight. Check the primer bulb by pumping it to ensure that it is working properly.
Now, place the blade in line to the cut and detach the chain brake. The throttle should be open and place the saw’s blade against the wood. Now, your Husqvarna 240 chainsaw is ready to cut. When you completed your task, leave the saw for some time for cooling down, then store it where you want.
- Always clean the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw after every use.
- For the better performance of the sprocket, you should do the oiling of the tip of the bar through an oil gun. If you don’t do this, you should not expect high-quality performance.
- You should take care of the blade by sharpening it through sharpening tools so that it can work properly.
- Cleaning and washing of air filters are essential for the proper functioning of the engine and carburetor. You can wash it through soap and water.
- If the air filter can’t be washed, then it is time to change the filter.
- You should use 50:1 two-stroke engine oil and a minimum of 90 octane gas for its smooth working.
- You must adjust the carburetor according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- The proper chain tension is necessary so that it can’t slip or jump and become a cause of any injury.
- You must maintain a distance between the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw and your hands.
- Wearing safety glasses is a must.
- Its handle is not made up of rubber so try to use gloves so that your hands may not be slipped as well as can’t get fatigued.
- The muffler becomes hot during the use of the Husqvarna 240 chainsaw so avoid keeping it near flammable elements.
- Don’t put so much pressure on the chainsaw.
- The blades of the saw must be sharp.
- Saw For Alaskan Mill Buying Guide
- Top 07 Saw To Cut Drywall
- Best DeWalt 20V Chainsaw
- Chainsaw Under $400 Reviews
- How to choose Husqvarna 550XP Chainsaw?
- How to choose the Best Gas Chainsaw Under $200?
Q1: What is the smallest Husqvarna chainsaw?
The Husqvarna T536 is the smallest chainsaw.
Q2: How many CC is a Husqvarna 240?
It is a 38.2 cc chainsaw.
Q3: How do you start a Husqvarna 240 chainsaw?
Use the left hand to grip the front handle and place your right foot on to the rear handle to keep the Husqvarna 240 on the ground. Then hold and pull your starter cord by using your right hand. It starts now.
Q4: How do you adjust the high and low on a Husqvarna chainsaw?
- The process starts by locating idle-speed screw and idle-mixture screws on the chainsaw.
- Now you have to rotate high and low-speed screws in the clockwise direction till its midpoint. Start the saw then.
- Adjustment of low-speed screws is achieved by turning it clockwise and counterclockwise till you have attained the highest idling speed.
- For increasing and decreasing the power of the saw, you need to adjust the high-idle screw.
Husqvarna is one of the reliable brands and people like its products, whether they are professionals or not. Husqvarna 240 chainsaw is it’s another durable product. One thing will be clear by this Husqvarna 240 chainsaw review that it is suitable for casual jobs. This model features X-torque, which means it doesn’t cause much harm to the environment. It doesn’t create much vibration, so your hands will not feel discomfort or tiredness during its use. Its most noteworthy feature is its reasonable price so anyone can afford to buy it.
Last update on 2023-06-07 at 23:27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API