Are you struggling with managing lug nuts? Are you having trouble removing the lug nuts from your tractor, RV and such? Many of us who drive a truck, RV or anything else have to take proper care of lug nuts. Sometime it may require us to remove the lug nuts. Getting the lug nuts off the vehicles seems to be a real struggle for many of us. But, those of us who carry a torque multiplier wrench is out of this league. A torque multiplier wrench and torque multiplier socket can help you change your own tires effortlessly and quickly.
All you have to do is:
- Attach the socket to the lug nut
- Then put in the output shaft into the socket
- After that, fasten the handle to the input shaft
- Give the lug nut a few turns
It’s as simple as that!
The torque multiplier lug wrench can deliver enough force required to loosen your lug nuts effortlessly. When you are able to get the lug nuts off your vehicle, you can smile and change your own tires. You can change your own tires on the road, thus saving your money and time!
If you are looking for a heavy-duty lug wrench, then look no further! In this article, I will be discussing the best lug nut wrenches (torque multiplier wrenches). In addition, I have discussed on Micro Torque Wrench and Motor Cycle Torque Wrench in other articles also. Let’s check out the list that is featuring the best torque multiplier wrenches:
My Recommended Top Torque Multiplier Wrench
Product-01: XtremepowerUS Torque Wrench Labor Saving Lug Nut Wrench Torque Multiplier
- Remove Rusted Lugnut with Ease - Heavy Duty Torque Multiplier Wrench Set to quickly loosen and remove stubborn lug nuts with minimal effort; Suitable for most trucks, buses, RVs, semi-trucks and other heavy duty vehicles (not recommended for small passenger cars)
- Simple to Use - Remove lug nut caps and place correct socket on to the lug nut; Connect cheater wrench to socket and anchor the brace rod against wheel hub or an adjacent lug nut to ensure steady operation and leverage; Attach the handle and turn in the direction you wish to move the nut, extension bar helps to remove nuts quickly after being loosened; Use the square socket for square duel lug studs
- Durable Torque Multiplier - Constructed of alloy steel, these torque multipliers are designed for maximum strength and longevity; With 1:58 gear ratio bringing 4800 NM, the torque multiplier lug nut wrench set easily produces a sufficient output torque to loosen stubborn nuts with minimal effort; 10.6 inch (26.9cm) rocking bar features a textured rubber foam handle for better grip and increased friction
This torque multiplier wrench has the gear ratio of 1:58, which is enough to drive the torque of 4800 N/M. its size is neither so small to manage the bolts nor so large to handle the product.it is very convenient and straightforward to use.
The company provides it in a storage case so that its transportation and safety can be assured. It comes with everything essential to make it the best wrench.
XtremepowerUs manufactured this fantastic torque multiplier wrench with many useful features and specifications.
Its maximum torque is 4800 N/M, which is approximately 3540 ft/lb, which makes it one of the best wrenches. The torque is enough to loose tied nuts with less power and effort.
This torque multiplier wrench has the gear ratio of 1:58.
Its dimension is 40.6*10.2*30.5 cm, which is appropriate for a wrench of this type.
The product weighs 8.26kg that is normal for it. The weight doesn’t produce any hindrance while working.
It comes with 2 options
- 8-sockets option
- 4-sockets option
The wrench with 4 sockets is comparatively cheaper than the 8-sockets option.
The rocking bar of the product has a rubber foam handle that is not only easy to grip and manage but also increases the friction.
It comes in a heavy-duty plastic case in which you can keep the wrench and store it at any place. Due to this case, you can easily take it with you from one place to another. The case has a comfortable handle so that you can easily carry it with you and don’t feel fatigued.
The full set has many things in it which are adequate to remove the bolts required high torque.
- Torque multiplier heavy-duty lug wrench
- Rocking bar
- 6-points sockets
- 4-points sockets
- Extension bar
- This torque multiplier wrench is very easy to use. You will not feel it complicated to understand its working.
- It is a durable wrench, and you can use it to loosen any bolt without fear of breaking or damaging it.
- It is suitable to use for heavy vehicles like bus, truck, semi-truck, RVs, etc.
- It comes in 2 options. One is with 8 sockets and the second is with 4 sockets. You can purchase anyone according to your needs.
- Its rubber handle makes it easy to manage and comfortable to use so that you can’t feel any tiredness after using it.
- An adapter is also given with the set.
- Its price is very reasonable so that everyone can afford it.
- The company gives a lifetime warranty with it.
- Its cleanliness is very easy.
- Its storage case is durable and easy to carry so that you can transport it everywhere.
- The handle is short at 10 inches.
- It is not suitable for cars.
- No instructions manual is given with it.
Product-02: OEMTOOLS 25683 3/4 Drive Torque Multiplier:
- Input: 3/4 In. Drive (F), Max 730 Ft./Lbs. (1,000 Nm)
- Output: 1 In. Drive (M), Max 2,200 Ft./Lbs. (3,000 Nm)
- Ratio: 3:1
The torque of this product is appropriate to deal with tied nuts or bolts. You can use it even for cars and other light vehicles.
Its size is adequate, and it can’t create any issue for using it. It has an ideal gear ratio too that is the most significant feature of Oemtools torque multiplier.
Input and output:
Oemtools torque multiplier gives the input of ¾ inches drive and a torque of 730 ft./Lbs. Its output is 1 inches drive and a maximum of 2200 ft./Lbs.
It provides 3:1 of gear ratio.
The product’s weight is 16.55 pounds that make it a little heavier.
OEMTOOLS torque multiplier having dimensions of 16.9*7.9*3.9inches.
It comes in a plastic molded case, which is very durable to store and transport it.
- It is very comfortable to use.
- It is a durable wrench that can be used comfortably to loosen the stubborn bolts.
- Its size is adequate for this kind of wrench.
- Oemtools gives a lifetime warranty for this product.
- Its price is quite reasonable,so anyone can buy it.
- Due to its storage case, you can carry it with you everywhere. Moreover, the case is helpful to store the tool at any place.
- It requires less effort while losing the nuts and bolts.
- It doesn’t come with a buyers’ guide.
- It is a little heavier than many wrenches.
Product-03: Klutch Torque Multiplier
The lug nut wrench by KLUTCH makes undoing large and high-torque fasteners very easy. This tool will stand the test of time when working in congested spaces with large fasteners. The product offered me more bang for the buck.
- 3/4in. female input handles 730 ft.-lbs. max.
- 1in. male output delivers 2,200 ft.-lbs. max.
- Includes a 2-way quick release ratchet with satin finish
The KLUTCH TORQUE MULTIPLIER reflects very good build quality all across. It is easy to handle and looks robust as like as Screwdriver torque wrench. I have used the product for a couple of times so far, and it worked pretty well to date!
- Total Length: 19.7in
- Total Width: 3.62in
- Input: 3/4in. drive, max. 730 ft.-lbs.
- Output: 1in. drive, max. 2200 ft.-lbs
- Comes with a 2-way quick release ratchet
- Satin finish
- Comes with 1-year Limited Warranty
- Great build quality
- Steel build
- No cons
Product-04: Torque Multiplier Lug Nut Wrench – Cheater Wrench
One of the most popular torque multipliers wrenches on the market. You can tighten and loosen lug nuts from any heavy-duty vehicle. It doesn’t matter whether you are driving a semi-truck, RV or anything else, the Cheater Wrench will be your trustworthy tool for the task.
- Weight: 27 lbs
- Dimensions of Case: 16” L x 8” W x 5” H
- Lifetime warranty
- Solid build
- Extra socket sizes and adapter available
- No significant cons
How to use a torque multiplier wrench
- You start the procedure of using a torque multiplier wrench by removing the lug nuts caps and keep the right socket on the lug nut.
- Now you have to connect the cheater wrench to its socket. Attached the brace rod within the wheel hub or an adjoined lug nut so that the operation can go with a straight and steady flow.
- Join the handle and turn it to that direction where you need to move the nut.
- Firstly, the extension bar loses the nut and eventually remove it.
- For square dual lug, the square socket is used.
Safety precautions for using a torque multiplier wrench
As this is a tool, so its usage also requires some safety precautions.
- Select the perfect multiplier wrench for the task.
- Always wear safety glasses to save your eyes.
- Gloves are recommended to use so that your hands can’t get hurt.
- Correct sockets must be used.
- Nuts and bolts should be moved in the right direction.
- Avoid using damaged or bent torque multiplier wrench.
- You must set your body in the way that your balance can’t be loosened.
- Keep your wrench well-maintained and properly cleaned.
If you are searching for a torque multiplier wrench so your search will end here. In this article, I have given you two options for the best torque multiplier wrenches with their specifications, advantages, and many more. Now, it’s upon you to select the ideal torque multiplier wrench according to the nature of your job.
How many times is a torque multiplier wrench recalibrated?
It is recommended to amend a torque multiplier wrench once in a year.
Can the torque wrench be used for losing the bolts?
Yes, you can use a torque wrench for this purpose, but you should not use the torque more than the maximum torque limit.
Last update on 2020-02-24 at 05:10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API